Playdom Game Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Playdom (Bellevue, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

Initial communication was very fast for a production push was needed. After first being introduced through a shared contact, I was given a phone interview where I talked with the lead designer and one of our producers. They were pleasant to speak with and seemed interested in hiring me on. I was scheduled for a in-person interview where I met four other members of the team who proceeded to ask me questions pertaining to their game. After the basic interview process, I was asked questions pertaining to the industry and overall opinions of games as well as supporting my arguments. I left the interview pleasantly surprised by the team and soon after was offered a position in the company.

Interview Questions

• Two questions spring to mind: being asked what my favorite game is and how much would I work for   1 Answer

Negotiation

As this was an entry-level position with no prior experience, there wasn't much to negotiate. I gladly accepted as the team seemed good to work with and the offer was enough to start.