Playspan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Playspan

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Playspan (Foster City, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I had an initial phone conversation with HR. She asked general programming theoretical questions and my interests. She then set up my onsite after a couple of weeks.
    Initially according to the schedule I got I had to meet 4 people on various teams and 1HR at the end of the day. But when I reached there, the main person who was hiring for the team I was interested in was busy that day and didn't get a chance to interview me. I felt that was the main reason why I received a reject from there.
    few of the questions-
    difference between Get and Post?
    Calculating checksum.
    basic SQL joins and sub queries
    questions on finding depth of tree, basic idea behind circular linked list

Interview Questions

• The last interviewer gave me a really tough time. I was not able to communicate properly to him at first.. could not understand what he was talking, also his phone rang three times in the middle of the interview while I was solving a question.. and he picked up.. that was so annoying. I was disappointed with Playspan. He asked me about pre-processing of stored data, basically indexing really large data set and some very complicated SQL queries.

After this round I had decided that I wont accept the offer even if I was presented one.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Playspan (Foster City, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Playspan is acquired by Visa now. I applied online. I got the call from hiring manager after few weeks. He asked bunch of questions about project management and QA processes. There are some database questions too. He was asking some indirect questions (like what year you finished your college) to find out my age. Is it legal to ask for the age -- directly or indirectly?

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Playspan (Santa Clarita, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Got a phone call and asked to come to their office for face to face interview. Even though the position was for a web tester, they asked a lot of questions in C and algorithms

Interview Questions

• Swap two numbers without a temp variable   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Playspan in April 2012.

Interview

Internal recruiter approached me on LinkedIn and wanted to have a phone conversation. We talked on the phone after a couple days where he had some pre-set questions about just know certain terms. Example: name some sorting algos, name some design patterns, etc.

That was followed by a phone screen which is fairly typical.

Interview Questions

• Sort a file with 1gb of numbers in it. The file cannot fit into memory. What sorting algo would you use and describe its use   Answer Question
    • Given a dictionary of english words and another word, find all anagrams of the word.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Playspan in August 2009.

Interview

Found them on Craigslist. E-mails sent. Phone follow up.