American Airlines Interview Question: Please tell us about a situat... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Reservation Representative Interview Dallas, TX

Please tell us about a situation when you had to deal with

a irate customer and how you resolved it.
Answer

Interview Answer

2 Answers

This post has been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

I had a customer very upset with not only the service provided from a previous phone representative but the product received via a freight company this was a higher end furniture distributor . I explained my sorrow for the poor experience reassured her it was never our policy or practice to handle any customer calls in that manner and that we would do everything to satisfy her present issue as well as provide her with a discount certificate for a future purpose that would also be noted in her account notes for any future representatives that she spoke with so they would knowledgeable about this situation. I also told her I would personally contact management for the fright company to get a written assurance she would have different delivery people that were made aware in advance of her situation to ensure her the most professional service and respect for her product being delivered as well as her home. I took every possible step with my upper management team and the third party shipping company to ensure the best possible outcome for her on the replacement order and subsequent delivery. I brlirvr in doing whatever necessary when you have an irate customer to calm them down and to relate to their issue offering apologies and compensation in whatever ways available as a company employee and providing a future incentive to use our services again in the future and creating hopefully a customer for life that is happy and will spread good information via word of mouth about how well her complaint was handled and that her issues were important as important as if she or he were the only customer we had.

As a company you are nothing without your customers and repeat customers are your only link to a good solid business of continuing to service the same loyal customers and the people be it their friends or family that they refer or recommend.

Amy Morton on Jul 10, 2015

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.