Plex Systems, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Plex Systems, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at Plex Systems, Inc.

2.7

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc..

Interview

I went through 4 interviews for this position: basic phone interview, then a 2nd phone interview with the customer support manager in California, next an on site interview with the customer support manager in Troy, and a final phone interview with the VP of customer care. The interviews were set up quickly, and I felt they went really well. All interviews lasted 30 minutes to an hour.

What I found extremely unprofessional was the fact that I had to keep reaching out to them for about a month for them to give me an answer on their decision. I don't mind letting a company know I am interested at all but they kept saying things like "sorry, we are finishing up some interviews this week" instead of just saying they "decided to move forward"..

So just be aware if you don't get the position, they won't tell you unless you ask them more than once. They'll give you the run around and get your hopes up. This is the reason why I'm giving them a negative review.

Customer Care Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI).

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. First round is a standard phone interview, do well here because regardless of qualifications this is the gatekeeper to move on. Second round is an interview at HQ with hiring manager and a future peer from a similar work capacity as your applied position. Lastly is an interview with the Director of your department.

Interview Questions

• You are expected to give a 10 minute training presentation. Depending how well you do here questions will very. Nothing unexpected however.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need to negotiate. Offer was higher than asking price.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

The first interview is conducted over the phone, typically with an in house recruiter. Basic job responsibilities and qualifications are discussed. The second interview is with the Delivery Consultant Manager and one or two senior Delivery Consultants. Expect to answer multiple canned questions off a Q&A sheet, as well as several impromptu questions. Much focus is paid to manufacturing and software experience and accomplishments in previous roles. Expect to give a presentation on a relevant topic, such as "How to implement Costing", or "How to define Project Scope". The presentation is of your choice, but should be serious in nature and geared toward business. Subsequent interviews with the Director of Implementation and VP of Global Services and Support follow. These tend to be more casual interviews.

Delivery Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc..

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter was set up. Unfortunately, the recruiter is likely a 3rd party recruiter, and not Direct Plex employee. So, this recruiter is destroying Plex's reputation. 5 minutes before scheduled call sends email "too busy, will call tomorrow", yet no time discussed or agreed to for following day. No response for several days. So, I reached out and asked if there was still interest in discussing role. Yes, and he agreed to another time to call me. Again, a no show. Again said he would call following day. Never called. Disgusting that I can make time in my busy schedule and be professional by showing up on time. Yet a 3rd party recruiter with no skin in the game can be unprofessional and a complete flake. Sad. I suggest Plex really review who they are using to outsource some of their recruiting responsibilities

Interview Questions

• Recruiter was a no show 3-4 different times. Thus, no questions asked   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty lengthy. I first got a call from the recruiter and who asked me pretty basic questions about my experience and what I already knew about the company. Once I passed that interview, I got another interview from the BDR Manager, who dug a little deeper into my experience and asked some more basic questions about my experience. After that I got asked to move to the NEXT level.
    Here is where things get to be annoying: The last interview was 3 rounds done with 5 BDR's and the BDR manager. 1st round: 2 BDR's who obviously worked for Best Buy. They asked detailed situational questions, and they really wanted to know if i had knowledge on the company and the industry they were in, then they had me sell a phone to them (was I applying to best buy, or plex?) the next round was with another 2 BDR's, same interview structure except more detail on my knowledge on the company, and this time instead of selling a phone, I needed to sell an IPAD. The last round was with one BDR and the BDR manager and then there was a stimulation test. This test was made to ensure you knew how to compose an email ..... simple

Their interview process is long, with a lot of unnecessary parts. They should work on fixing that structure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the case studies you read?
      People in our industry and how do we compare?
      How did you decide on what school to attend when you decided to go to college?   Answer Question

Pay was too low

Post Implementation Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc..

Interview

The process began with a phone interview and then an online survey. I was contacted and asked to come back approximately a week or so later for an on-site interview. The interview was conducted by two people, a manager and a team leader. The interview was very in-depth and began with them asking me to give an overview of the highlights of my resume. I also had to be prepared to present a ten minute training session using PowerPoint. Their questions were very detailed and they asked many follow-up questions. It was a good interview. I really liked the company a lot.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall a difficult or unexpected question. I remember that the interviewers were very thorough and I respected that a lot.   Answer Question

Sales Enablement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with a recruiter. She was very helpful and polite. I was asked basic questions about my resume and work experience. Second interview I scheduled with the hiring manager. I was asked more in depth questions and told that I would need additional interviews. Later that day I was offered the position. Overall the process was extremely efficient and professional.

Datacenter Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Auburn Hills, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position on the Plex website. I was contacted via email by a Plex recruiter and setup a phone interview with another Plex recruiter for the following week. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Some basic hardware/software technical questions were asked. I was asked about my current and past working experiences and why I wanted to make a move. About a week later I spoke with the recruiter again and It was determined that the position that I was applying for was a junior level position and that the compensation didn't align with my experience level.

Hopefully another opportunity becomes available that matches my experience and compensation level. Plex sounds like a great place to work!   Answer Question

Change Management Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

contacted within a couple of days of submitting my info. set up a phone interview. phone interviewer asked all behavioral based interview questions---a great strategy and plan; however, because i have 20+ years experience and an unconventional background, we had trouble with the 'exchange and translation' of info. it would have been better for her if i'd been more able to convert my experiences into buttoned-up-tight responses; however, change leadership is not a 'buttoned up tight' discipline in organizations that respect their employees as humans. i asked for feedback (though I knew I wasn't a fit), and never got a response.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or difficult in the questions, but the interview tone was very stiff.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online through the university's coop system. There was only 1 interview, 30 minutes. Interview consisted of talking about your expectations coming into this job and a simple coding exercise