Plex Systems, Inc. Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Plex Systems, Inc. Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Plex Systems, Inc.

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

The process is to first receive a phone interview with a human resources guy who goes over your experience as it relates to the position. He has minimal technical questions. Then it goes to a face to face interview with senior members of the software engineering staff. Two guys conducted my interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Plex Systems, Inc.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Auburn Hills, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with HR manager; he actually talked much more about the company than learning about me. First interview with 2 development leads lasted about 90 minutes, including about 45 minutes of whiteboard time answering SQL programming questions (create table, joins, aggregates, etc.). Heard back from HR manager about 3 days later to schedule a second interview that would involve a written, open-ended technical test - no further hints as to the subject matter were given. Studied my butt off focusing on all potential technologies used by the company. Was pleasantly relieved (and a little annoyed since I studied so hard) that the test ended up being 5 fairly simple SQL problems to solve on a laptop. After my test was reviewed I had a nearly 2 hour meeting/conversation with the VP of software and received a verbal offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was supremely difficult, though the SQL performance tuning question on the technical test was the most difficult. The solution involved a self-referential join and improper indexing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very laid back, no pressure. I really liked the VPs management and negotiation style. Was able to get the salary and vacation I wanted, with no acrimony or haggling.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc..

Interview

Talked to them at the career fair, was contacted a few weeks later to visit their company for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Coding in front of 2 senior software engineers was unexpected and stressful, although the questions themselves were not all too difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Auburn Hills, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

There were 3 interviews when I went through the process.

1. Phone interview with HR
    - Your basic interview with HR to get a basic understanding of who you are as a person, what your background is and to see if you would be a good fit for Plex

2. Personality and Skills Assessment
    - This second interview was the meat of the process, I had two senior level Plex employees asking me questions about my resume and experience, which led into the most stressful part - the "White Board Test" The skill assessment was to see how my programming skills were and also my basic logic skills. There were also some SQL related questions in this part of the assessment.

3. The Offer Interview
    - This is the last interview and in hindsight, this isn't really an "interview" it's more of a meeting that includes an offer for the job

Interview Questions

• The "White Board Test" I was not expecting the second interview to include me standing up in front of both interviewers to answer programming and SQL related questions on a white board.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Went through an easy phone interview, then had a face to face. The personal questions were simple and the programming questions were basic. They seemed like they were looking for a stand out candidate, as not many positions were open at the time.

Interview Questions

• Some database design and SQL questions. Not too bad though.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Auburn Hills, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

Very informal interview, go over your resume then a coding/aptitude test on dry erase board.

Interview Questions

• Very SQL heavy, other than that standard Fizzbuzz style questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very laid back interview. I was fresh out of college and they didn't expect me to know everything I needed to do my job right off the bat. What they cared about was whether I had the capacity to learn from my colleagues and think on my feet. First step was a Phone interview to exchange information. The next step was a on-sight interview.

Interview Questions

• Couple logic questions as well as a basic sql test as I indicated I had some previous sql experience in my application.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process was not very difficult. I was asked a lot of behavior questions, and then the technical questions. There was an onsite test on the technologies that are described on the job requirements. The test was not hard. They also went over the resume to make sure that I could explain things that you wrote on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe one challenge that you had in your previous job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Had two interviews. First with two team leaders. It was a really LONG interview and they tested your SQL, classic asp, and asp.net. They had you type functions at PC.

Interview Questions

• How do you stop the page / code from loading (asp) at a certain point in your code.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online through the university's coop system. There was only 1 interview, 30 minutes. Interview consisted of talking about your expectations coming into this job and a simple coding exercise