Plexus Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plexus (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Talked to them at the campus career fair and had the first interview the next day which was mostly technical - they asked a few things about my resume and them circuits/electronics questions. Second interview was on-site and consisted of multiple interview sessions. First was a presentation about myself followed by Q&A with 5-10 engineers. Then was more behavioral and leadership questions followed up by two technical sessions and a site tour.

Interview Questions

• Describe what the current-voltage (IV) curve/relationship would look like for an ideal inductor.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Plexus

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Plexus in February 2016.

Interview

Plexus came to my school's engineering career fair. The representatives were very nice and talked about the company and my prior experiences. They offered me an interview right at the spot. The interview itself went very well; they are very kind and understanding. It was a technical interview, so there was a few quick questions about my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How would you make a low-pass/high-pass filter on a circuit board?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus.

Interview

I had one on-site interview at a career fair. This interview was purely behavioral questions, as the interviewer was a recruiter (business degree), not in the engineering department.

Had a follow-up interview that was a skype conference interview where I interviewed with 3-4 engineers from the design team in Boulder. This was a mix of technical and behavioral questions, split about evenly.

It is my understanding that for full time positions, candidates must also go through an on-site interview in Boulder after passing the teleconference interviews.

I did not get an offer, but Plexus was courteous to contact me in a timely manner (about two weeks I think) and tell me they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Q: Showed me an LC circuit, asked for brief analysis (things like impedance, resonance, etc...)

Q: Showed me a basic op-amp circuit and asked for some details on analysis (ie, how does offset voltage affect this circuit, how does ideal vs non-ideal op-amp change the analysis of this circuit, etc...)

Q: Showed me a basic digital circuit (gate level, not transistor level), and asked why this circuit wouldn't accomplish what they wanted and asked what needed to be done to improve it.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plexus in March 2009.

Interview

I applied online for their opening and I received a call from HR which took about 30 min and asked about my background and general questions.
    Then I had interview with hiring manager which he asked me the technical questions and educational and I wasn't ready for that at this point and on the phone so I couldn't answer very well and I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Power Electronic question. In last design what topology you used to design the power supply for your board?   Answer Question