Plexus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Plexus Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2017

2.8

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus.

Interview

I had one on-site interview at a career fair. This interview was purely behavioral questions, as the interviewer was a recruiter (business degree), not in the engineering department.

Had a follow-up interview that was a skype conference interview where I interviewed with 3-4 engineers from the design team in Boulder. This was a mix of technical and behavioral questions, split about evenly.

It is my understanding that for full time positions, candidates must also go through an on-site interview in Boulder after passing the teleconference interviews.

I did not get an offer, but Plexus was courteous to contact me in a timely manner (about two weeks I think) and tell me they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Q: Showed me an LC circuit, asked for brief analysis (things like impedance, resonance, etc...)

Q: Showed me a basic op-amp circuit and asked for some details on analysis (ie, how does offset voltage affect this circuit, how does ideal vs non-ideal op-amp change the analysis of this circuit, etc...)

Q: Showed me a basic digital circuit (gate level, not transistor level), and asked why this circuit wouldn't accomplish what they wanted and asked what needed to be done to improve it.
      Answer Question

Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Plexus (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, few manager participated.

Questions about my skills and academics and about my personalty to make sure that I fit with the new culture.

Lengthy, few manager participated.

Interview Questions

• What is your managerial style   1 Answer

Medical Biller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plexus (Brockton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was non exsistant as I went through an agency. They didn't speak with you at all. The agency just asked standard work experience and then contacted their client. It was very weird. I have never gone through agency that did not either set up phone interview with client or a 1 on 1 with client.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Plexus (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Got interview at career fair, interviewed a few days later. Interviewer asked standard behavioral questions. Was told that I'd get a response within 2 weeks. Never heard back from them and it's been a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to apply your engineering skills.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Plexus in September 2015.

Interview

1 hour interview with HR/Recruiter. This was a phone-screen. The position, as described, was exactly what I had been doing for the past 16 years. It took one month to hear back from this company and I had to contact a former co-worker who works in this company in order to move things forward.

Interview Questions

• General non-technical questions (phone-screen). Interviewer was hung up on (1) my living "so far away" (1.5 hours) even though I said I had no problem commuting on a weekly basis, and (2) salary. Clearly her job was to get someone as cheap as possible. So most of the interview was her saying "but you live so far away" and "but we can't pay that kind of money". Inefficient use of our time.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Plexus (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

They asked me a few behavioral questions, involving leadership followed by some ridiculous technical questions. The technical questions were difficult because they expected you to know certain topics off the top of your head that were hardly touched upon in school. I felt like the interviewers were sort of out to get me

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Buffalo Grove, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a large panel interview where i had to present a Power Point Presentation highlighting my career. this was followed by 2 separate interviews where i was asked a lot of situational and company specific questions. Then we had a facility tour where i was asked about what i saw and what i might do to correct the myriad of problems that they had.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of the kitting process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. It is a take it or the offer is resided situation.

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Nampa, ID) in June 2015.

Interview

The internship was posted to students at my university. I sent a resume to HR and got a call the next day. Scheduled the interview during that call.
    Interview was mostly about manufacturing principles, lean mfg, six sigma principals etc. Was asked some other questions about electronics manufacturing, along with some statistical analysis questions.

Interview Questions

• Given this process, with x number of distinct steps and a specified time required for each step, how would you go about refining the process?   Answer Question

Product Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview process with required presentation. They gave me a tour of the site, introduced me to people I would be working with, etc. Basic interview stuff. They had a lot of open work areas, which is great for some people, but not for people with ADD issues.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plexus (Appleton, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

You take a test, and go through a very easy interview. There's a drug test that might take awhile depending on the day (mine took about an hour) Nothing to be worried about if going through Kelly Services and you're clean.

Interview Questions

• The test is a bunch of mental competency questions, but they don't review it much.   Answer Question