Plexus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.8

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Questions asked were mainly on projects and C/ C++ languange. Make sure that you know whatever you put on your resume because questions on projects were asked based on your resume. Do revise on C/C++ if you want to - will be very helpful. Just be honest!

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plexus (Boise, ID) in November 2016.

Interview

Met through career fair in 2016 and had scheduled an on-campus interview later in the day. It went fairly smoothly with mostly general interview questions and some specific questions related to the role.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plexus (New York, NY).

Interview

One campus interview followed by 2 phone interviews. Good experience, asked a lot of situational questions. Over all not hard if examples are prepared of certain situations. Past experiences do help for this interviewing technique.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plexus (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Got interview at career expo. Interview was brief with emphasis on technical aspects. Required minimum knowledge of circuits and embedded systems. Very friendly and very knowledgeable about field and skills of entry level engineer.

Interview Questions

• Draw a bode plot, programming a microcontroller   1 Answer

Functional Test Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonie, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Menomonie, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus after career fair. They look for people who have great communication skills and are easy to talk to. Go out of your way to talk to them about what to expect at the company, things that you can do to help you be successful there, things of that nature.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and what do you do to try to improve it?   Answer Question

FPGA Design Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Three step interview process across 2 months: HR phone screen, technical phone screen, on-site set of interviews. The on-site interviews took 5 hours, and included a 30 minute presentation of my background, a tour, a set of soft questions (Describe a time when ...), a technical session, an informal lunch interview, and a wrap-up with HR. Very professionally handled, hotel 2 minutes from the location.

Interview Questions

• Using the whiteboard, show us how you would architect an FPGA to handle a proposed problem.
      Using the whiteboard, show us VHDL or Verilog code to implement an FSM.   Answer Question

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Plexus (Oshkosh, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Used the STAR method: Situation, your Task, Action you took, Results. Interview held offsite and candidates rotated such that candidates never interacted or met throughout the process. For the first interview round, the process included a 15-min writing of why I felt I was the right candidate for the position. The organization uses scoring from the team of interviews to make determinations. The second round of interviews for the final candidate was based on the best fit for the organization. The most disappointing aspect was after the second interviews for which there was a lack of follow through by the organization to notify all final candidates even after inquiring. Finally, I received a very generic email with mismatched text font that was obviously sent to every candidate applied or interviewed which felt very disrespectful as a final candidate to be lumped in and notified the same as an applicant that had never even been interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a dog? I ask that of all of my candidates.   1 Answer

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Plexus (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

It was relatively pleasant and it gets to technical questions fairly quickly. She asked me about how to design a low pass filter, and then proceed with some basic information about sequential logic.

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Plexus in February 2016.

Interview

Plexus came to my school's engineering career fair. The representatives were very nice and talked about the company and my prior experiences. They offered me an interview right at the spot. The interview itself went very well; they are very kind and understanding. It was a technical interview, so there was a few quick questions about my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How would you make a low-pass/high-pass filter on a circuit board?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus.

Interview

I had one on-site interview at a career fair. This interview was purely behavioral questions, as the interviewer was a recruiter (business degree), not in the engineering department.

Had a follow-up interview that was a skype conference interview where I interviewed with 3-4 engineers from the design team in Boulder. This was a mix of technical and behavioral questions, split about evenly.

It is my understanding that for full time positions, candidates must also go through an on-site interview in Boulder after passing the teleconference interviews.

I did not get an offer, but Plexus was courteous to contact me in a timely manner (about two weeks I think) and tell me they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Q: Showed me an LC circuit, asked for brief analysis (things like impedance, resonance, etc...)

Q: Showed me a basic op-amp circuit and asked for some details on analysis (ie, how does offset voltage affect this circuit, how does ideal vs non-ideal op-amp change the analysis of this circuit, etc...)

Q: Showed me a basic digital circuit (gate level, not transistor level), and asked why this circuit wouldn't accomplish what they wanted and asked what needed to be done to improve it.   Answer Question