Plexus Interview Questions in Neenah, WI | Glassdoor

Plexus Interview Questions in Neenah, WI

2.8

FPGA Design Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Three step interview process across 2 months: HR phone screen, technical phone screen, on-site set of interviews. The on-site interviews took 5 hours, and included a 30 minute presentation of my background, a tour, a set of soft questions (Describe a time when ...), a technical session, an informal lunch interview, and a wrap-up with HR. Very professionally handled, hotel 2 minutes from the location.

Interview Questions

• Using the whiteboard, show us how you would architect an FPGA to handle a proposed problem.
      Using the whiteboard, show us VHDL or Verilog code to implement an FSM.
      Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process is probably not what you are first expecting. You need to prepare a powerpoint presentation about yourself, highlighting your strengths and previous work. To me this made the interview process a lot better then the typical question/answer format. Because it allowed me to pinpoint some of the larger projects I accomplished during my internships that don't always fit into the typical interview questions. (I am also very outgoing and an excellent presenter so this style played to my strengths) After the presentation multiple engineering supervisors (one from each of their sectors/departments) and an HR rep will play question and answer with you, most questions play off of what you have talked about or things written on your resume. The HR person will generally ask stereotypical interview questions, while the supervisors will ask more project specific or technical questions. Overall a great company to interview with. (I ended up getting hired so I might be a little biased)

Logistics of the interview: was there for a couple hours for the interview in a conference room, don't expect a tour unless they like you as there is limited viewing and strict rules since they do some defense contracting

Interview Downside: I was not compensated for any travel expenses (gas, meals, housing, etc) unlike many of the other companies I interviewed with. (Kohler compensates you the most from my experiences)

Interview Questions

• All questions from the engineering supervisors are based on your presentation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary, just have to be able to justify why. However was told that they normally do not do relocation bonuses which was a downside.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Did a presentation with a panel of co-workers and after the presentation was completed they ask random questions about my experience and what if questions. They also dug into my answers with more questions

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure and what did you learn from it.   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online for a production supervisor position. I was called and an appointment for a phone interview was made. Interviewer called and we talked for a bit and I was informed that the position had been filled internally. The interviewer was pleasant and professional, I was able to ask followup questions about the possibles of a position like this opening up again as well as talking about my experience and qualifications regarding filling a slot like this.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

A brief phone interview expressing interest followed by an invitation to attend an in person meeting. Required to prepare a slide show presentation selling yourself to the business. This is not an unreasonable request however given the pay grade offered it seems a bit much. The in person interview gives you a lot of insights into the culture (obvious team tension).

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you will be a good fit for the Plexus corporation given your previous experience in a different industry?   1 Answer

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

took a drug test through Kelly services. wasn't hard at all they will take you. you talk to someone. answer a few questions then take a drug test. easy nothing else to say about this process that's how easy it was

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions. they are desperate for people. they will hire you as long as you pass the test   Answer Question

Negotiation

take it if you want no life

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI).

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair, then the next day (or 2 days later) had an interview on campus. Pretty routine interview asking me about my resume and experiences. He said he'd recommend me for the next step, and a week or two later I got an email from them. I drove out to Neenah WI (they paid for gas and the hotel), and had an all day interview consisting of a tour, meeting with HR (they went over benefits, which I thought was really weird), and a couple of skills tests. One test was about the software process (requirements, design, implementation, etc), and one was a programming test. They said they had the same test for all skill levels, and I missed a fair amount of questions. Got an offer a week later via email.

Interview Questions

• What do you think I want to hear
      Had other skills questions
      Answer Question

They only gave me about a week to decide, the offer was quite a bit lower than others I had gotten (though still quite reasonable), and it was out in Neenah WI - I got a job closer to home

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was brief and to the point. Prior experience, company values - overall just a screening.

Tour of the company followed at my next visit. The premises are impressive on the manufacturing floor.

In person interview was quite difficult. Round-Robin style group interview took place after I took 15 minutes to present myself and my prior experiences. The group interview was difficult mainly because each interviewer had a specific set of questions to ask, and each question could compound off the previous answer you gave. Be careful with what examples that you use from your previous experience.

Technical questions were present but minimal for an engineering position. Total time elapsed for the interview was 1 hour 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• You are given a box with 4 holes. The holes are not in proper alignment within the assembly. What do you do to fix the problem?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in December 2010.

Interview

The communication with the company was great and the interviewers were very pleasant. It was a pretty average interview for an engineering position.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult problem that you were able to work through?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in April 2010.

Interview

HR asked if I was interested and said I was qualified. Spoke to Recruiter, answered pre-screening questions. Took skills assessment test and the results were scored. After test, moved on to 1:1 Interview with Mgr, who asked why I was interested in the company, my background, what I like about Plexus and then some technical questions. HR was friendly and remembered me from previous internship. I felt comfortable speaking with anyone and the work culture is focused on employees and their satisfaction as well as making sure they reach their personal and career goals. Still awaiting feedback....

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you applied you leadership skills during a conflict?   Answer Question
    • How would you measure the input current of a power supply that has a supply voltage of 120V and outputs 5V @ 5A with a 1 Ohn load resistor? Also, how would you measure the ripple effect of the output voltage   Answer Question