Plow & Hearth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Plow & Hearth

2.6

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plow & Hearth (Madison, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

I answered an ad in the newspaper. I sent a paper letter with resume and created a gallery of relevant imagery for them to review (portfolio). I then had phone interview and then in-person group interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you relate well to children and animals as they are often used in the product photography.   1 Answer

Junior Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Plow & Hearth.

Interview

This process was very rigorous with multiple phone interviews and on-site interviews. The online starting pay stated was very different from actual offer. When I was brought in I interviewed with over thirteen people. It was a ten hour process.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Plow & Hearth.

Interview

Loved the company and what it stands for. Company culture fantastic. Too many interviews in process.... seven or eight. Never got a decision after two months. Still haven't heard if position is filled or not.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plow & Hearth (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Fairly long interview with HR manager over phone. He was very thorough, but no tricky questions (it was about 45 minutes). He, I believe, later indicated they wanted to pursue local candidates (I was out of state). He was nice and professional. While I didn't get an offer, it was an overall good experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Plow & Hearth (Madison, VA) in September 2018.

Interview

They're just looking for warm bodies. Lots of hyperbole about being hired full-time and misrepresentation of those jobs that actually don't exist. Few stayed in the pool, but the really talented ones were let go.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plow & Hearth (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

After seeing a vacancy online, I went into the store where I was told to apply the company's online portal. I filled out the information and was soon after contacted for an interview. I came into the store and the manager held a brief, but thorough interview with me based on my resume and past experiences. It was informal and comfortable, and I came away feeling as though I had learned about the company.

Interview Questions

• How do your past experiences prepare you for a role in this company?   Answer Question

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plow & Hearth (Madison, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

Ridiculously amateur. It was like a cattle call, If you were breathing, and able to speak, you were hired on the spot. They need to aim higher. Very unprofessional.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Plow & Hearth.

Interview

Pretty laid back had 2 interviews since I was applying for the supervisor level. Everyone always seemed really friendly. I got the family environment feeling from the beginning seemed like the manager would take care of you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Plow & Hearth (Madison, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Can apply on line or in person. HR calls you, if that goes well, they email 2 possibly 3 tests on your skills, talents, and common sense abilities. If you score well, they will have group of 12-15 people in for brief meeting: do paperwork , explain upcoming training

Interview Questions

• Are you aware of the extensive hours that will be expected of you for the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays? Are you capable of those hours? Are you flexible on your schedule? Are you aware missing 2 scheduled shifts will cause you to be terminated?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiable areas. $11.00/ no experience, $12/ with experience. No benefits. Hours were whatever they assigned

Creative Director Interview

Interview

Many people talked to me on the phone. The pres emailed me said he wanted to talk. We had a bad connection. Tried to reschedule. Never reconnected. I contacted HR to inquire. Never heard back. Tried again. No response.