Plymouth Rock Assurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Plymouth Rock Assurance

2.9

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online to Plymouth Rock's website and had a phone call within a week. The recruiter I worked with was very direct and honest about what the company was looking for and the potential for me to fit that role at each stage of the process. The interview process included individual meetings with the direct supervisor for the position and two additional managers above him. The interviewers were thorough and asked detailed questions focusing around how I approached problem solving and the nature of my experience and it's relationship to their opening. The recruiter and management team were understanding that my transition would take time and a bit of support from them but also straight forward with their expectations for the process. They gave me some additional time to organize my personal affairs before a start date and were flexible regarding salary and relocation. I would recommend Plymouth Rock to others.

Interview Questions

• Picture a line graph representing the entire book of business with the age of accounts listed on the x-axis and the average loss ratio on the y-axis. This type of graph tends to have high loss ratios in years 1 and 2 and then depict a decreasing trend in successive years. Why do you feel that this is the case?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was relatively quick and easy. I submitted my resume through Indeed.com, and I received a call from a Recruiter in the HR department. She scheduled an interview and I met with three managers from the Claims department. They were all friendly and informative, and asked me basic questions about my resume. I heard back from them within a week or so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Series of straightforward questions based on resume. Met with two current employees at the same time. Felt very one sided and not engaging. Interviewers seemed like they didn't want to be there, nor did they seem very interested in the answers I provided. Resulted in me becoming less interested in the position and the idea of working for them.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the skills you think will translate well into this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Bank, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance (Red Bank, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

About 1 1/2 hours. Interviewed by two individuals in upper level management. Was told that they would be doing second round interviews and they would be calling to let me know if I would be called to these interviews, or if other applicants were a better fit.

Never received any information from anyone in the company. Recruiter in HR never returned my call either after waiting 3 weeks for any type of an answer.

All parties seemed nice, but unfortunately lack professionalism.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance.

Interview

I first had a phone interview which led me to the in person interview with two supervisors. The interview lasted about 1 hour and then I met up with the director for another half hour. They ask a lot of questions but nothing extremely difficult.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance.

Interview

It was telephonic interview which was really good. I was told that they will get back to me next week. But neither they got back nor they replied to any email. I am really disappointed with the hiring process. They should atleast have the courtesy to reply to candidate whether they are selected or not. For all the candidate, interview process is very stressful and emotional process. They should not be kept in dilemma. The company should respect the emotion of the candidate also. If the candidate gets to know that he is not selected, he can move on and but if he doesnot get any response from the employer then mentally he is always disturbed on what went wrong that he is not getting any response. I think its quite unprofessional from employer's part to not respond to emails of the interviewed candidate.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance.

Interview

This was by far the worst experience I've had with a recruiter. The recruiter contacted me to set up an interview, never called me at the stipulated time. I left a voicemail, dropped 4 emails and still never heard back from them. An opportunity is a 2 way street, applicants have as much to offer as the employer. This just shows me how the corporate culture is at Plymouth Rock and how they would treat potential employees/customers.

Interview Questions

• Can we schedule an interview with you? (nobody called at the scheduled time and I was left waiting for an hour)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

After applying, had a 30 minute phone interview with HR. After the phone interview, went in for a 1 hour sit down interview with the manager and was hired the day after. Fairly streamlined and easy interviewing process.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I didn't receive a phone interview. The HR asked me to come to an on-site interview by email. I was supposed to meet with 3 managers but turned out I only met 2.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever encountered any problem in your recent work?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance.

Interview

Simple and fast. I went to the career day and interviewed with three employees in different divisions. And got offer one week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

didn't negotiate