Pocket Gems Associate Performance Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pocket Gems Associate Performance Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Pocket Gems

3.3

Associate Performance Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in September 2018.

Interview

I'm glad I read Glassdoor reviews the interview because they helped immensely for me to prepare. I had a phone screen with a recruiter within 2 or 3 days of applying. Basic get-to-know-you call and gauge of my interest and knowledge of the video game industry. Immediately after this, I was emailed the infamous (at least Glassdoor infamous) "homework assignment" to complete. I had to analyze data as if I were actually in the role. It's supposed to take 3-5 hours to complete, but it took me a whole day. I submitted on the next business day.

The next step was a phone screen with the hiring manager. She hardly asked any questions about me or my qualifications. Most of the call was spent answering case-like questions. I have included examples below. One was verbally running through a linear system problem in the context of a purchase selection. The second half was dedicated to questions that analyzed "my view of the world" (see iPhone question below). I'm not sure what kind of answers they were looking for there. I shared intuition-driven answers, but perhaps they were looking for how I broke down the problems into data needs..not sure!

I didn't hear back for a week before I received the email that I got dinged. No feedback was provided.

As a potential suggestion, the "homework" is far too time intensive to have upfront and to be completed without compensation. Coupling that with the analytical questions from the first hiring manager interview, I think whatever you're looking for from those can be addressed from a cognitive aptitude assessment that would only take a half-hour or so to complete. However, if the team is dead-set on the homework, maybe save it as a tiebreaker after the on-site interview. Psychologically, I found it very disheartening to have done so much work upfront to be let down so quickly.

Interview Questions

• You're analyzing LTV performance in iPhone and Android. Where would you expect to see higher LTV and what are some assumptions you would make given that?   1 Answer
  • You are making a decision between purchasing a gas-fueled car and an electric car. What criteria would you consider? Next, the interviewer gave numbers and asked me to run through the exercise of selecting a car based on measurable performance (basic linear system problem).   1 Answer

Pocket Gems Response

Nov 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize that feedback was not provided after all your time and effort spent with the assignment and phone call. We aspire to provide a... More

Other Interview Reviews for Pocket Gems

Associate Performance Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter and had a phone screen for the position. Only completed the phone screen for now. During the phone screen recruiter walked through the company, recent success for the company, as well as more details on the current role I would be interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little bit about your background?

Why are you interested in this role?

Do you have any experience working with ad bids or ad campaigns?

What analytical experience do you have?   Answer Question

Pocket Gems Response

Apr 25, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for your review and as you've only completed the phone screen for now, I wish you luck throughout the rest of the interview process!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

After few phone screens with the recruiter and a person from the "People & Brand" team, I've been asked to solve a second written assignment –for the first I was asked to provide a page with my three favorite video games (mobile, PC or console) and why I like them.
    For the second exercise I had to solve a brief audit over few mobile campaigns (paid user acquisition) and to answer to five questions using the data from the pivot tables.

After that I went trough the last call where they asked me few skill quiz and a brief personality review.

The overall experience wasn't too bad but I had to push many times in order to get an answer from them.

Interview Questions

• [written assignment] What insights can you draw from the last week performance?   Answer Question
    • [skill quiz] something about there different car engine (electric, gasoline, natural gas) and their efficiency, pick the best one after considering m/L, your commuting time/habits, etc.   Answer Question