Pocket Gems Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pocket Gems Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Pocket Gems

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

HR called me 2 weeks later after he firstly contacted me.

During the phone Interview, I was asked some basic statistical questions and behavior questions.

The process last half hour and it is not difficult.

Just need to do some preparation of standard statistical interview question.

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

Mar 15, 2019 – Recruiting Team

Thank you for considering an opportunity with us and for taking the time to go through our process. We wish you the best on your search!

Other Interview Reviews for Pocket Gems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

phone interview for technical questions, case study, unable to answer. First go through education background in resume, did not talk about project and internship experience. Manager kindly introduced company's product and business.

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

Nov 9, 2018

We appreciate your review and hope you’ll consider us again in the future!

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in October 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with the director. He started from asking my location and described the company and position. Only two simple questions: explained p-value to non-technical people and tell what's overfitting.

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

Nov 9, 2018

We appreciate your review and hope you’ll consider us again in the future!

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Received email to schedule phone call for HR round of interview, went through the resume and asked 4 technical questions in a business scenario. Said they would get back to me in at most 3 days but never heard back from them

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

Mar 19, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to provide a great candidate experience and we apologize you did not hear back from us. We appreciate all of your time and wish you the best.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I was given a take home challenge after the initial phone screen. They provided several dataset and asked us to help target a group of customers for a promotional campaign. Felt like the company wasn't interested in hiring at all and just wanted us to do their work for them.

Interview Questions

• Help us decide to target a group of customers for a promotional campaign given several datasets on users, purchase history, etc.   Answer Question

Mar 28, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and I'm sorry that you didn't feel that your efforts were appreciated. The "take-home" challenge is a standard part of our interview process, which allows... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

First Round: phone interview: go through resume
    Take home assignment: after submission: Rej
    I don't think Pocket Gems really want to hire new graduates since I got rej at 6:48 am, this is weird

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

Mar 28, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks so much for your review. While I am sorry that this interview did not work out in your favor, we appreciate your interest in joining Pocket Gems. We are very invested in hiring recent... More

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

1. Phone call with HM
    2. Take-home exam

I really think PG is just using hiring to get "free" ideas, just take advantages of the candidates. Avoid it. Save your time unless u have nothing to do.

Interview Questions

• build a test/model based on in-app purchase history for campaign.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call, followed by an onsite interview with the analytics manager. Then a homework assignment: design an experiment to test the results of a sales offer. Included SQL queries and data analysis questions (create a model etc).
    Interviewer was friendly, office has a lot of character.

Interview Questions

• What variables would you use to investigate the effect of a sales offer on revenue?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I was asked some details about the projects on my resume and was given a homework. The homework itself is interesting, but I assume they are looking for someone with relevant work experience. You have to be very familiar with those game metrics. Otherwise, it will be hard to complete the homework in 8 hours.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one project/experience that relevant to this position.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

General fit call with hiring manager (go into detail about the projects you've worked on, etc.), followed by a "homework" exercise, followed by another phone interview about the project. Didn't get an on-site, though was never told this.

The project was interesting, but the interview process as a whole seemed pretty disorganized and inefficient. Unprofessional that they never got back to me (not even an automated rejection) after I'd spent ~4 weeks in process.

Interview Questions

• Build a game user LTV model given a slice of user in-app purchase data.   Answer Question