Pocket Gems Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pocket Gems Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Pocket Gems

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

The whole process is OK. The interviewer is the director, and wants to hire experienced people. The team don't really do A/B Testing, there's other team in the company would do.

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

Nov 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review!
We wish the best of luck and hope you’ll consider us again in the future.

Other Interview Reviews for Pocket Gems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Contacted by email. Interviewed by phone next week. the interviewer has been very pleasant, and the topic discussed very interesting.
    I have been assigned an interesting exercise that involved the planning of an A/B testing, and a ML categorization excercise.
    Few days after sending back the exercise I have been called for another interview, where we discussed the exercise and my previous experiences.
    Afterwards, I have been invited in San Francisco for a on-site interview. I really enjoyed the whole process, and everyone has been very friendly with me.
    Unfortunately i did not received any offer.

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

Oct 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience interviewing with PG. It is greatly appreciated!
    We’re glad you to hear you enjoyed the process and we hope you’ll consider us... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Contacted aster applied, scheduled phone interview a week later. Interviewers asked self-introduction but was not interested in any past experience, asked a case question with neither clear goal nor proper background information but expected very specific answer. The interviewer never realized question statement is confusing not because of jargons but bad logic of the statement.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to build an ads bidding strategy and persuade high level management it is going to be profitable?   Answer Question

Apr 4, 2019 – Recruiting Team

Thank you for submitting a review. We're sorry to hear you didn't have a positive experience with your interview process as we strive to offer a great candidate experience. Thanks again for the... More

Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

They have a very fast paced process, you are never stuck in a phase. 2 phone interviews + homework + onsite. I personally feel that their process could be more mature. Interview questions are case studies with subjective answers. Unless you are familiar with gaming, its difficult to match what your interviewer is thinking. Interviewers don't come with an open mind so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• questions around LTV , metrics, A/B testing and get familiar with gaming metrics jargon. Don't bother about machine learning or statistics questions there were none.   Answer Question