Pocket Gems Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer(Internship)

Pocket Gems Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Pocket Gems

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (Santa Cruz, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online on Feb 2018, got an online test on HackerRank within a week.

It was an 80min time-limiting test with two sections. One section took 50min, had two algorithms coding problems. For me, one is an easy dynamic programming problem, another one is a sorting and string process problem which is easy too. Another section took 30min. This section let me write a review report of a snippet of poorly written codes in Java.

Overall I think it was a good experience. I think the problems were easy and I did nothing wrong. I wonder why I'm rejected. Maybe they are really strict on candidates and expect absolute perfect answers.

Interview Questions

• 1. easy DP algorithm problem
    2. easy string manipulation and sorting problem
    3. code review   Answer Question

Mar 28, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for sharing your experience interviewing at Pocket Gems and I appreciate the review. Overall, I am pleased that you had a positive interview experience with us, but I'm sorry to learn that you... More

Other Interview Reviews for Pocket Gems

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in January 2018.

Interview

Online coding accessment, and then two rounds of phone interview. Interviewers are nice. HR was quick to follow up but after the second interview never heard from them again. Just a generic rejection letter that came from the recruiting site

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

Mar 28, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for your feedback. While our recruiting team does our best to reach out directly regarding interview feedback, we do often send emails as a follow-up. It is important to us that our candidates... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

I applied online and got a hanker rank screen within a couple of days. Two fairly difficult dynamic programing questions couldn't solve one and didnt get the optimized version of the other. Code review was easy.

Overall not a fan of hacker rank but there is nothing i can do about it.

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

Apr 25, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for considering an internship role with Pocket Gems. The programming questions aren't easy, but I'm happy to hear that you were comfortable with the code review portion. I would encourage you... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in January 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews, each about 60 mins. Most of time discuss algorithms with interviewers, then they ask some background questions. Besides, HR is very nice and professional. I got results and offer in one or two days after interview.

Interview Questions

• Why kinds of game do you like?   1 Answer

Mar 28, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks so much for providing feedback. We hope that our paths will cross again in the future and I wish you all of the best in your next position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Very good, ask for how to use git and a coding question about greedy. We just talks about the past projects and interviewer let me to introduce myself. It was a great process but I was not moved forward.

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

Mar 28, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks so much for your review! I am glad that you had a positive experience interviewing here at Pocket Gems, as that is what we strive for. While I'm sorry that this role didn't work out, I hope... More

Application

Interview

It's a one hour phone interview. At first, ask something about resume. Then ask me the difference between C/C++, JAVA and Python. At last, it is a algorithm problem about heap.

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

Mar 28, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for sharing your experience interviewing with us! We hope that there will be the opportunity to re-engage with you in the future and I hope that in the meantime, you land a great role.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in January 2018.

Interview

Referred in December and got OA in October. The OA is not difficult and it took 80 minutes with two algorithm questions and one design question. After one week I was asked the phone interview and it will take place in Febuary.

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

Mar 15, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! I appreciate that you were referred by a current employee of Pocket Gems and that you took the time to interview with us. We hope our paths will cross in the... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Coding interview on coderpad with a member of the pocket gems technical team . I was given two coding questions and asked to write a few test cases ensuring all corner cases are covered.

Interview Questions

• I was asked two coding questions , standard ds & algo questions . The interviewer was helpful and gave suggestions as well. Overall a good interview experience. Waiting to hear back from them   Answer Question

Nov 15, 2018

Thank you for taking interest in our Summer Internship program and providing a review.
    With a high volume of applicants, we aim to deliver feedback as effectively and efficiently as possible. We’re... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in November 2018.

Interview

I was given basically what was a code challenge. They gave me a design document that had questions on certain design decisions for an imaginary project. I had to give my answers and reasons along the way. Then I had a realistic code challenge that I had to implement.

I really like their interview process and I think more companies should follow suit.

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

Mar 15, 2019 – Recruiting Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We’re glad the coding challenge felt applicable and that you had a great experience with us. We wish you the all best and hope you’ll consider us... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took more than 1 month.
    I had two rounds of technical phone interview, each lasts around 45mins. The questions are pretty simple and straightforward, all completed in C++.

After that, I had another two phone interviews with engineer from different teams. One is behavior questions, and one is asking about my past experience.

But in the end they rejected me. And the reason is:

They are only looking for a server engineer who is good at Python. Yes, PYTHON! That explains why War Dragon's server is so laggy. And I never said that I know Python. I don't know why they still want to waste my time to continue interviewing me.

Luckily I got an offer from Facebook already, so good luck with their Python game server.

Interview Questions

• 1. Give me an example of a failure.
      2. Give me an example of a relationship that helped you.
      3. Do you know Python? (During the last interview....)   Answer Question