Pocket Gems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pocket Gems Interview Questions

Interviews at Pocket Gems

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply in the school Job fair. Contact me after about one month. Arrange 1st phone interview in 1 week. Not very fast. I passed the 1st phone interview. The HR hope to arrange the 2nd phone interview, I try to argue to bypass the 2nd one.

Interview Questions

• 1st Phone Interview:
      First introduce myself.
      Two questions:
      1. The starts();
      Asked me the complexity of the Algorithm. And also he ask me what is the worst case:

We can answer:
      Find “aaaac” from “aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaac"

2. Find the Top K frequency number in a array.
      For example:
      [1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 4, 4], k = 3
      return: [4, 2, 1] or [4, 1, 3] or [4, 2, 3]

[1, 1,1, 2, 2, 3, 4] , k = 2
      return : [1, 2]

Then ask him questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Applied online. Was given a coding callenge to complete. Then was asked to set up a phone interview. The interviewer first asked about my experience from the resume. Not a lot of questions on that but was just listening to me. Then directly jumped to the coding questions. A doc was shared.

Interview Questions

• Find if one string is a substring of the other. The are expecting KMP.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in January 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by onsite. Process is smooth and well planned out. One of the great mobile game companies to work for. All interviews are hardcore tech testing your general understanding of data structures and applying them to solve problems

Interview Questions

• General data structure and algorithm questions. Coding interview complete helps to solve some problems but questions are not directly from that book   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in Pocket Gems via linkedin. I sent the resume and they replied to ask me schedule a phone interview. I sent the dates and time for interview. I did not hear anything back until two weeks after. At the scheduled date and time, they did not call me. Later I sent an email to ask them why. After 3 days, one person replied saying there is a change in their hiring plan and they will contact me in the following week.

However, they never contact me ever again and stop responding to me

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in March 2015.

Interview

email from the recruiter to setup the technical interview. Overall experience was good. I had problem understanding the engineer over the phone due to accent. But I didn't mind that. We had the online shared doc where we exchanged our conversation in writing if we didn't understand each others accent.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Two phones and one on-site for this position. In phone, they just ask general algorithm problems, and some followups. You need talk about your ideas and then start coding. In on-site, first is general algorithm questions such as the word break and color match. Then they asked about game design. this part is hard for me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some game design problems, such as the reward system. It seems the games were what they were working on.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter over mail who quickly set up a phone interview for me. The interviewer asked several coding and data structures questions and asked about runtime analyses. I'm waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• 1) Write code to remove redundant spaces from a string in C
      2) Find a palindrome in singly linked list   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

First round,two coding questions.
    Very easy ones, the first is strstr(). Yeah, they love strstr(). And the second is find most popular numbers in an array. The interviewer is very friendly. There was bug in my code, but still get second round.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online. They responded in just one or two days. The recruiting team was nice and helpful. Two technical phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. The team is open minded and passionate about their products. People (especially those who do not have prior experience in this field) who are interested in game industry should definitely consider them.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question. The questions were not super hard. Make sure you think aloud. They gave good hints and led you through the problems.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. What they offered already exceeded my expectation. I mentioned my expected salary during a talk with hr people, but they still presented me with a much better offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Just pass the first round interview and waiting for the second.
    Two techinical questions:
    1. implement Strstr()
    2. K most occurence integer in an array, and some improvement of the algorithm I wrote
    Spend more of the time discussing the time complexcity

Interview Questions

• The algorithms are not too difficult, but I was asked about the time complexity and some implementation details. Be aware of Big-O notation   1 Answer