Pocket Gems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pocket Gems Interview Questions

Interviews at Pocket Gems

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Asked 2 questions. The first one was some type of warm up question. The second was the one that I seemed to have gotten stuck. The interviewer seems nice. When I got stuck on his second question, I told him my thought process, and somewhat helped me out.

Interview Questions

• Write a function which, given a ternary expression string input, parses the input into the correct tree and returns the root node of the tree.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in May 2015.

Interview

apply online, get interview, phone interview first round. The questions are fair enough. But the interviewer was keep interrupting me, spend half time writing unless code and argue with him. But he is nice overall.

Interview Questions

• string and kth from a array. Just like other questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply in the school Job fair. Contact me after about one month. Arrange 1st phone interview in 1 week. Not very fast. I passed the 1st phone interview. The HR hope to arrange the 2nd phone interview, I try to argue to bypass the 2nd one.

Interview Questions

• 1st Phone Interview:
      First introduce myself.
      Two questions:
      1. The starts();
      Asked me the complexity of the Algorithm. And also he ask me what is the worst case:

We can answer:
      Find “aaaac” from “aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaac"

2. Find the Top K frequency number in a array.
      For example:
      [1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 4, 4], k = 3
      return: [4, 2, 1] or [4, 1, 3] or [4, 2, 3]

[1, 1,1, 2, 2, 3, 4] , k = 2
      return : [1, 2]

Then ask him questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied on their website. And they contacted me very quick to schedule a technical interview. It is the first round phone screen interview. They sent me a online document and I write the answer on it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

telephone interview, first step.
    the interviewer introduce himself first, and let me introduce myself in briefly.
    two coding problem. one is implement strStr() method. the second one is find the k most repeated number.

Interview Questions

• one is implement strStr() method.
       the second one is find the k most repeated number.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Applied online. Was given a coding callenge to complete. Then was asked to set up a phone interview. The interviewer first asked about my experience from the resume. Not a lot of questions on that but was just listening to me. Then directly jumped to the coding questions. A doc was shared.

Interview Questions

• Find if one string is a substring of the other. The are expecting KMP.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in March 2015.

Interview

It is a phone interview that lasts for about 35 minutes. The engineer seems nice, I have a little bug at first and he give me the clues to find it out and debug. I will conduct the follow-up phone interview in the next week. Hope everything goes well. It usually costs three days to receive the result, kind of fast, so that we don't have to wait for a long tough time.

Interview Questions

• Two simple coding problems, the one is strstr() and the other is the kth most frequently occurred word in an array. And ask the complexity of the algorithm I designed.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in March 2015.

Interview

email from the recruiter to setup the technical interview. Overall experience was good. I had problem understanding the engineer over the phone due to accent. But I didn't mind that. We had the online shared doc where we exchanged our conversation in writing if we didn't understand each others accent.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Two phones and one on-site for this position. In phone, they just ask general algorithm problems, and some followups. You need talk about your ideas and then start coding. In on-site, first is general algorithm questions such as the word break and color match. Then they asked about game design. this part is hard for me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some game design problems, such as the reward system. It seems the games were what they were working on.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter over mail who quickly set up a phone interview for me. The interviewer asked several coding and data structures questions and asked about runtime analyses. I'm waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• 1) Write code to remove redundant spaces from a string in C
      2) Find a palindrome in singly linked list   Answer Question