Pocket Gems QA Tester Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pocket Gems QA Tester Interview Questions

Interviews at Pocket Gems

2.7

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Process went very quickly. I only got through the second part of testing.

First part is an over the phone interview to get to know you. The person I talked with was very nice and seemed intereseted in getting to know what I wanted out of a company. Being able to fit in with the company atmosphere is very important. They highly stress being able to play well with others.

Second part was again over the phone and talked with a QA Lead. Basic questions about QA policies and techniques. Make sure you know the basics of not just testing; they want to see that you know the whole QA process so you can help in higher level areas. Overall second part went well.

Interview Questions

• One question what types of games I play. This lead in to a follow up of "If you were to test those types of games, what sorts of tests would you run?" Basically what the proctor wanted to see was could you take games you already play and derive test cases for them. A good practice to have for any QA position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pocket Gems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online. I was contacted quickly by a recruiter explaining they want to set up a phone interview with a member of their QA team. I was told to play the mobile game I would be working on as I would be asked questions about this in my phone interview.

The person conducting my phone interview gave me the impression he was reading down a list of questions with little or no reaction to my answers. A good phone interview should be a responsive conversation.

I was later sent a generic rejection email with not constructive feedback. I have requested personal feedback with no response so far.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Pocket Gems compared to other Games Design companies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

After coordinating with an HR representative via mail, I was scheduled for two successive phone screens. Following those two I was brought to the office for in person interviews. Over the course of 3-4 hours I interviewed with almost a dozen employees that were each in some way connected to the desired job position.

Pros:
     - The phone interviews were to-the-point and friendly.
     - The wait to interview in person was short and they reserve a room just for the interviewer. Refreshments provided.
     - Management and product related interviewers asked prudent and engaging questions.

Cons:
     - Many of the people interviewing are developers/back-end and not used to interviewing. The questions from these interviewers were often not phrased clearly and their demeanors were somewhat awkward.
     - Since there were so many interviewers, there was much repetition in the questions.
     - Being a string of different interviews, the in-person interview process took longer and had significantly less depth than a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Write out a sample test case for a given game scenario.
      Q: Suppose our game suddenly starts displaying a black screen upon opening it a day before launch. What do you do? [sic]   Answer Question