Pocket Gems Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pocket Gems Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Pocket Gems

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The phone screening went well - 2 calls before the onsite. Office space is awesome and adheres to the culture of gaming. Kitchen is what you might expect from a start-up: snacks galore, if something ain't there, order it and it will be there in the next following days. The interview lasted for 3-4 hours and much of the questioning seemed really repetitive. I met with 5 different people and most of them asked the same kind of questions. What's you're background? What interests you most about the role? It didn't come across as the best use of time for both parties. One interviewer really frustrated me because he kept asking one-line questions and he didn't give me much face time (he was talking to his laptop screen the entire time). It didn't seem like he reviewed my resume before hand and had kept getting emails and pings from his colleagues. From my perspective and as someone who thinks HR, this can be really rude. I'd say halfway through I had stop caring about the questions and wanted to keep the interview as a casual conversation. There's no breaks in the schedule. Most companies typically allow a 10-15 minute break for a 3-4 hour shift.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pocket Gems

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

I originally applied for this role through LinkedIn. A few weeks after applying, I received an email inviting me to a phone screen with the hiring manager. This had pretty straightforward questions, asking why I was interested in the role, why I was currently looking for a new position, etc. About a week after the phone screen I was invited to come onsite to interview with members of the team.

I was warned that the interview could take 3-5 hours, which was originally a concern for me because I was still working a full time night shift and they could only do the interview during what could be considered normal office hours, understandably. They were flexible in helping me find time to come in, respecting my own schedule. The length of the interview was definitely longer than others I had, which I guess can be good or bad. It felt a bit like a marathon but it was extremely thorough, which I appreciated.

For the onsite interview, I basically got to meet everyone that would be on my eventual team, which was awesome. I felt like I had a really clear picture of the company culture and team dynamic by the time I left the office. The interview itself contained a lot of standard interview questions about my background and interest, with a few hypotheticals thrown in.

A couple days later, I was contacted to provide professional references. As soon as the last one was completed, I received an offer.

Process was fairly straight forward, and if I hadn't received an offer I definitely would've kept the door open to future opportunities. Whole process was about 6 weeks from application to offer but it moved pretty quickly after I was first contacted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you challenged the status quo in an organization or group.   Answer Question

Pocket Gems Response

Apr 4, 2019 – Recruiting Team

Thank you for your review. We're thrilled to have you on the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview and an onsite with multiple requests to see my writing skills. Overall, the experience was extremely negative. The entire interview panel, from the recruiter to the VP all came into the interview with their laptops and used them throughout the interview. The recruiter found himself at a loss of words when he could not get the projector to work to show me some report I would potentially be working on. The team was very nice to accommodate an interview after working hours (5-7 pm). I realized mid interview they were not being accommodating, they work crazy hours. Ultimately, they never followed up with me, and I had to login to jobvite (their applicant tracking system) to see that my application was closed. My parking was also never validated as was promised.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle 2 competing interview requests at the same time   Answer Question