Pocket Gems Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017

3.3

110 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by coding challenge followed by phone interview followed by On-Site. For the On-Site there was one architecture question, 2 data structure questions and 1 algorithms question. They let me take my time and the recruiting team was super helpful

Interview Questions

• NDA. But focus on what they tell you to; for me it was data structures. And prioritize coding a working solution over knowing a theoretical ly better one.   Answer Question

Player Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

- Reached out by recruiter via email
    - Received a take home assignment to finish within 3-5 days
    - After completion and approval of assignment, had a phone interview with a person on the marketing team

Interview Questions

• How do you know your community management efforts made an impact on players?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online for software engineer in late July, and received OA in same day. OA is to solve a problem at Heckerrank, and after that I got 3-round phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I got a headhunter to contact me on LinkedIn, he was very helpful. The first step is to do an Online assignment. And about one week they do the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Online assignment is using Union find algorithm.   1 Answer
    • Phone interview has two questions. One is strStr. The other is a new question, using topological sort.   1 Answer

Ad Tech Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview with another PM. Being their first job, it seemed there was no interest about my career (mid-senior level) or in conversing about growth opportunities. They wanted to hear about passion for the game this position monetized (game for teenage girls). My own fault for not being able to navigate through it, but it was an odd fit for an interview.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

- Initial phone screening was brief and pleasant. Explained the process and went over the Design Test.
    - Design Test was a pretty fun but took about a day to complete (around 7 hours). 1/2 written 1/2 design challenge
    - Passed the Design Test and was scheduled to have a phone call with a senior member of the art team. He was very distracted, disinterested, and only asked very basic questions and wasn't engaged at all. Call was only about 15 minutes and didn't even bring up the Design Test or ask any relevant questions about my experience and how it relates the job.
    - Got a very brief and robotic email stating they were moving on with other candidates.

My interview experience closely matches another review below for the same role. This seems to be a reoccurring problem with them. Why waste my time with a lengthy Design Test if the second phone interviewer had no interest in getting to know me further and take the time to understand my qualifications?

Very disappointed at their lack of professionalism and I don't recommend interviewing at this studio.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call, followed by an onsite interview with the analytics manager. Then a homework assignment: design an experiment to test the results of a sales offer. Included SQL queries and data analysis questions (create a model etc).
    Interviewer was friendly, office has a lot of character.

Interview Questions

• What variables would you use to investigate the effect of a sales offer on revenue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The hr was nice and invited me to have lunch with them. However, the overall experience was not happy. The interviewers would never provide any hint, they just keep asking the same question in many different ways.

Office Manager Interview

Application

Interview

There a brief phone interview and then I went in for an onsite interview. It was a couple of hours and I met in person with five members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would say no to someone who wanted something you couldn't provide.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied online and received an OA, after OA, I got a phone call from one HR and get two technical question. I did finish the problem, but I did not get the next step also. The problem is simple if you did solve a lot of problems. that will be easy for you