Pocket Gems Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer Intern

Pocket Gems Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Pocket Gems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Standard phone interview with some introductions and then they headed into the programming questions. How to reverse a string, LCA, etc.

Interview Questions

• Given 8/9 jars with a marbles weighing 1 gm and 2/1 jars with marbles weighing 1.1 gm each, how many weighs are necessary to find the heavier jars in minimal possible weighs.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pocket Gems

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in December 2013.

Interview

Dropped off resume at career fair, got an email from HR with a big "Congratulations!" which asks me for availability for technical interviews. I get a phone call from a backend engineer. Very technical (isn't interested in talking about resume/experience) goes straight to questions after some of my questions. Oh, they also provided a stypi link for both of the interviews.

LCA of tree & Reverse a string. Cool.

I land the second interview. This guy is also not very interested about talking about stuff, he'd rather just go to the technical questions. My memory is vague but it was substrings and deep copying a graph.

I ran out of time and wasn't able to think quickly enough. Haven't gotten a rejection yet, it's been more than a week.

Interview Questions

• 1. LCA of tree & reverse string
      2. Substring & Deep copy graph   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

My first phone interview experience is quite pleasant. The interviewer went straight for technical questions like reverse a string and find the lowest common ancestor of a binary tree and was patient during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string and find common lowest ancestor in a binary tree.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Interview Questions

• The recruiter emailed but never responded back for an interview. They were fishing.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

I got a phone interview with one of the developers after submitting my resume through their website. He had me code on Stypi. Overall, it was a pretty straightforward pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• The first couple of questions were not difficult (i.e. reverse a string). The last one caught me off guard because it was one of those questions that was very difficult to reason through if you hadn't seen it before. If you plan on applying here, make sure to do some practice questions and look through your string manipulation and trees.   Answer Question