Pocket Gems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pocket Gems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2017

127 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

I applied with friend's referral and I just received coding challenge. But now I am preparing so I have not started yet. I will update along with the interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pocket Gems

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

I applied online and received the online challenge. I have not started them yet, but will do so in the next week. work in progress. I will update once I complete the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in July 2017.

Interview

DO NOT INTERVIEW HERE! First of all, I've been interviewing with a couple of companies lately, ranging from medium-sized startups and large companies. And I have to say this is so far the worst experience. During the first round of phone screen, the signal was so bad. And even worse, my interviewer was as quiet as a sheep. Even after I tried really hard by asking multiple times "Does that make sense to you?" to break the silence - still no response from the other end. I think the interviewer doesn't know how to speak English well enough to explain the question, never received any sort of training to become a proper interviewer and doesn't give a damn in assisting you in solving the question.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in June 2017.

Interview

Doing a coding challenge at the beginning of the interview. Barely asking questions about resume. The phone signal is really bad, I can hardly hear the interviewer's questions. I recieved a reject on the next week.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in June 2017.

Interview

An online assessment and a phone interview. The one that called me had a very bad phone signal and the voice was very unclear. I had to ask for several times to understand him. And his attitude is just very cold.

Interview Questions

• a strstr question and a greedy package problem. The greedy problem has a very long description and complicated input. I did not understand what this question's intention.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The hr was nice and invited me to have lunch with them. However, the overall experience was not happy. The interviewers would never provide any hint, they just keep asking the same question in many different ways.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

They let you do Lytmus Challenge online first which is a Linux based online virtual machine. You can do it either in your browser or on your own OS with their app. There were two questions you need to finish in 75mins or more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Total waste of time. Don't bother applying here. Even though you do everything well, they won't even give you onsite anyway. In total one OA with two coding questions. Then three phone interviews.
    One thing is that during my second phone interview, my phone signal was really bad. The interviewer didn't care that much and didn't say more than 10 sentences.
    If you need to have some technical interview experiences, this is good. Otherwise, don't expect anything meaningful from this place.

Interview Questions

• OA: 1. Parse log file; 2. path finder
      Phone interview:
      1. find largest k elements in an array
      2. implement C standard library function strStr()
      3. design a basic calculator. Support + and * operations
      4. Given a n x n matrix filled with True and False. Rule is that for each row, from left to right, if an element is True, all elements on the right is True
      [F, T, T, T] exists, but no [F, T, F, T]
      Find the left-most column with T   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. First was an online coding challenge. Then a technical phone interview. I think the interviewer had the speaker on because there was a lot of interfering noises at his end. I had to ask him to repeat what he said several times because of the noises. Then he grew impatient. Overall, not really a good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• Binary tree: largest path sum from root to leaf.   Answer Question
    • Group the strings so that within the same group, all the other strings are the substring of the longest string.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Firstly, he asked me the questions about if I have game coding experience. I told him my OpenGL programming experience. He asked me a question about strStr() and deep copy of graph. I coded them very quickly. But I failed.

Interview Questions

• He asked me a question about strStr() and deep copy of graph   1 Answer