Pocket Gems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pocket Gems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Pocket Gems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by Pocket Gems and schedule a phone screen with them within 1 week, Interviewer was good and clear on her questions. The interview was over an online shared coding whiteboard, that had auto indent and syntax highlight so it was not too uncomfortable. Programming questions you get to decide the language.

Interview Questions

• - Reverse a string with follow up questions on mutability   1 Answer
  • - Lowers Common Ancestor of a pair of nodes in a Tree but do it in O(logN) time complexity (pseudo code ok)   1 Answer
  • Finding odd weight ball out of 8 balls in minimum number of tries.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Pocket Gems

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Phone interview. Asked technical questions. The interviewer was very sweet and patient. We went through every problem and examples and how the code will run. Yet to hear from them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiting process is very fast. I applied online and within 2 days recruiter sent email to setup phone interview. Phone interview was setup within 5 days. One online document was shared so you can choose language in which you would like to do code like java, Python, C++ etc. You need to run the code once you are done with coding. You can see output or error in right side of the window. Interviewer was not providing any hint when I stuck somewhere. Sometime he kept silent so you dont get any idea whether he is listening or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got the same questions as everyone else. My interviewer sounded disinterested from the start and got annoyed when I would implement something that he didn't understand and kept giving me silence or "ummm okay...." Mid-way through the second question, I almost hung up on him.

Interview Questions

• 1. implement strstr()
      2. find k most frequent   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

always same question, no idea what are they expecting.
    Even I wrote codes without bug I still failed. Besides, they seem to be more care about their recruiting process, asking what I feel about the interview.
    It's pretty easy to get an interview as long as you apply on their own website.
    I feel good during the whole process but got rejection soon after finishing.

Interview Questions

• implement strstr and find most k frequent numbers in an array   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Technical questions before HR was the theme for both on-phone and on-site interviews. Had two technical on-phone interviews. In the first the interviewer was a bit rude and asked several of the boiler plate questions that have been posted here previously. The second interviewer was much easier to talk with and was more interested in how I approached the coding questions than getting a straight answer. Then after that an on-phone HR interview, got to go on-site for a series of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Devise an efficient way to keep track of what numbers are available in a set with out using a memory intensive data structure like a map or hash table.   1 Answer
    • Code complexity was a big area they were interested in and would ask at least one in each technical interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Just finish first phone interview, the interviewer is very nice and give me a lot of useful guide through the entire process. The whole interview last about 1 hour, I was asked about two algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• 1.substring match,
      2.convert ternary expression to binary tree   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The HR was very nice. After I applied online, she quickly arranged 1st round phone interview. The interviewer was also very nice, didn't ask anytime about academic background or work experience, there was only one interview question, which was strange to me, I got stuck firstly. After the phone interview, I got a feedback quickly, but unfortunately failed in this interview.

Interview Questions

• Ternary expression of String a?b:c, rebuild it to a binary tree
          a
        / \
      b c   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

After apply online, hr get in touch with me to do first phone interview. After the first interview, I get positive feedback to do the 2rd round. After second interview, I am now waiting for the feedback. Regularly, there are total three phone interviews before the onsite interview.
    Each interview takes about 40 to 60 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in May 2015.

Interview

The questions were fair. Didn't ask anything about relevant work/project experience. The interviewer was very disrespectful and rushed to end the interview (cut my questions off and my interview time short). I was quite excited to be interviewed by Pocket Gems and really wanted to join their team, but afterward I lost my interest.