Pocket Gems UI Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pocket Gems

2.5

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Terrible process. The phone call with the design director went great; the design exercise and communication surrounding it was a total disaster. The design challenge consists of spec work in the form of taking existing wireframes of the current product, re-working them in three low-res layouts and selecting the strongest layout for full execution with live assets. Spec work aside, communication with the recruiters was a painful process. The assignment packet I received was incomplete (missing images, copy); it took them days to get back to me about the missing assets (with the responses ranging from, “everything is there” to “oh the hiring manager must have removed them”). Once submitted, it took weeks to receive a no. The whole process from initial contact to rejection was three months.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall specific questions; the interview was fun and easy.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pocket Gems

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview took almost 4 hours in an afternoon. You got a chance to talk with most of the people in the team where you would be put in if you passed the interview. HR gave you an office tour after the interview. Basically they started with recruiter introducing interview process. Then people from both design side and engineering side talk with you and ask you technical questions. They also sent product managers to chat with you to make sure your personality fit in their company culture.

Interview Questions