Podium Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Podium Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Podium

3.3

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Podium.

Interview

Phone Interview with the recruiter. We did not really discuss anything about the role itself. Most of the questions were about the company culture and where the company is going. After about a 15 minute conversation, we set up an onsite interview.

They were somewhat inflexible with the timing of the onsite. We were aiming for a quick turnaround as far as getting me onsite, so I wasn't too irritated by it. They did offer to push to the next week if needed.

I was escorted to a room by the recruiter and waited for 10 minutes or so for the hiring managers to arrive. The interview itself was solid. They walked me through the company's core values and asked questions related to each of them. They did not ask any follow up questions to the experiences I shared, i.e. digging deeper into the experience for some greater meaning. I appreciated that honestly. They asked questions that I think allowed them to get to know me fairly well in an hour's time.

The hiring managers never really talked about the job duties until I asked about them. They also asked a lot of questions about what I thought about certain sales roles, which was somewhat confusing, but could've indicated that they thought I was a better fit in sales.

Unfortunately, I will never know since the company has a policy of not providing specific feedback to candidates. I have never heard of such a policy before. Every company I have interviewed with has provided some sort of feedback, even if it clearly was general feedback. Not knowing why I was not ultimately selected is my only complaint with the entire process as it hampers my ability to better myself if I follow through on Podium's encouragement that I "apply again in the future." At the end of the day, my assessment is that Podium is a great company with a bright future.

Interview Questions

• What was something fun you personally did within your team in the last week?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Podium

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Podium (Lehi, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening interview with recruiter. This conversation was about culture and qualifications. Basically checking the boxes on the job description requirements. She passed me along to the hiring manager. Initial phone interview with the hiring manager to determine fit and compatibility with job functions. In person interviews with hiring manager, another manager in the same department and the CEO Eric.
    Hiring manager described philosophy and asked questions relating to my experience, how I solved problems similar to what they are looking for and asked follow up questions. Other manager drilled down much more into situation based questioning, "I had this experience... tell me what I did wrong." Or "Tell me a time when you..." insert customer problem here.
    Interview process was quick, within a week start to finish, but I would definitely say it was thorough and they got to know me and I got to know who I would be working with, and what I would be working on.
    I dressed in a suit for the interview, but that was definitely over dressed. The hiring manager even remarked that he wished he would have said something, "we're pretty casual around here."

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Podium in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager called me and performed a phone interview first. At the end of the phone interview, he had me set up a time to come into the office to visit with him and get a feel for the team/environment the job would take place in.

The in person interview felt pretty hostile to be honest. I interviewed with the hiring manager and another associate with the company, and was on the defense the whole interview. There was a lot of miscommunication both directions. Most of my responses elicited a "why"(which almost felt like being interviewed by a toddler) from the hiring manager, so a lot of the interview turned into me trying to explain previous answers.

Most of the people I met were cool, relaxed, and easy to talk to. The hiring manager didn't have the same attitude, and felt pretty cocky/stuck up. The interview wasn't hard necessarily, but was set up weird. Not a lot of structure or plans to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Podium (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

Do you like being interviewed by a person with two years' experience? Then Podium is the place for you . On the day that you use a PTO day to meet with the fresh talent managers, you will wait in the lobby for 20 minutes and your only option for reading material is a book on Japanese architecture. Next, you will be greeted by the teeny boppers and led in to a room where you will be asked to study a one sheet on metrics while they leave the room to go drink a red bull. When they come back, you will relay to them all the facts you memorized form the one sheet, and they will burp. Next, you'll have a quick tour back to the elevator where you look over and see the next interviewee fighting to stay awake as a result of reading to far into the book of Japanese architecture. You will then be sent a generic email the next day saying they're moving in a different direction. You will then laugh and thank them for their generosity in saving you.