Podium Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Podium Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Podium

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Podium (Lehi, UT) in March 2019.

Interview

I got an initial coding assessment as a 10 question multiple choice quiz and 3 coding challenges, easy, medium, and hard.

That was followed up by a phone screen with an engineering manager who asked about my past experience and why I chose Podium. He explained more about the company and took time to answer my questions at the end.

After the phone screen they gave me a frontend heavy take-home challenge that I had 3 days to complete.

They reached out after my submission to set up an onsite interview. I had 3 interviews, one where I reviewed my take home challenge with 2 engineers where they asked me a variety of questions about my project and then asked me to add on a specific feature which we did for the last half of the interview. They second interview was with an engineer and product designer who asked behavioral and design questions. And the final interview was with an engineering manager who asked me some behavioral and career trajectory questions. All the interviewers were very nice and non-intimidating.

The final step was a phone call with the CTO who said they would like to extend an offer, talked about his experience and perspective of the company, and asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you disagreed with someone you worked with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Podium

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Podium (Lehi, UT) in October 2018.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter and was given some online coding challenges. The initial online coding challenges were fairly difficult. Just some basic data structure and algorithms work. The online platform was wonderful (getpy.com)

After those initial coding challenges I had a phone interview with a team lead and then asked to come in for an onsite interview. I was asked to do two other coding challenges before my onsite interview.

My onsite interview was with 4 different people, 1:1 with each for 30-40 mins:
        1 - Reviewed my two coding challenges and talked about culture at Podium
        2 - Whiteboard questions. Implemented map function and refactored the implementation to run recursively
       3 - Talked with an Engineering Manager about culture, organization, process, and products at Podium
       4 - Talked with the CTO about why I should work at Podium, my current work environment, ect.

Interview Questions

• Implement Map recursively on a whiteboard   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Podium (Lehi, UT) in September 2018.

Interview

The process was quick and smooth. I was given a timed take-home test that involved multiple choice and coding questions. Once I completed that, I had a phone call with one of the team leads which covered mostly experience and a review of the code challenge. Then I was given another take-home project that involved creating 2 separate applications (one front end and one backend), which I then had to present in a series of back-to-back onsite interviews with the majority of engineering leadership. A day later I was contacted by the CTO who asked a few final questions and then made an offer.

Interview Questions

• - Code challenges involving optimization, data structure, and algorithm based questions
      - An assessment to test both front and backend skills
      - One whiteboard question in the onsite
      - A bunch of behavioral and experience related questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Podium (Lehi, UT) in October 2018.

Interview

I was initially referred by a friend to the recruiter. The CTO and recruiter both reached out to me excited about the opportunity to get to know me.

The recruiter gave me a coding challenge and told me I would have a follow up interview in a couple of days to review my work from the coding challenge. The coding challenge consisted of multiple choice questions, and some coding questions to assess your knowledge over programming principles. Went through coding challenge, and then had my follow up phone call.

In my follow up phone call I unfortunately caught off guard because, because the interviewer was 10 minutes late to the phone call, and we didn’t review my coding challenge as the recruiter communicated we would. The phone interview went over background and knowledge and dove into knowledge of some programming concepts. The phone interviewer also outlined what the next steps could look like, and how I could prepare.

I then got a generic email back from the recruiter stating that “After reviewing your background and experience, we've decided to pursue other candidates”. There seemed to be some discrepancy between the process laid out by the interviewer and the recruiter so there appears to be some disconnect between people in the recruiting.

Honestly I think Podium is an amazing company and I’d still love to work with them. I think there are some growing pains with the rapid growth they have been having, but I’m sure they’ll iron
    things out. I’d say I had positive interactions with everyone I spoke with, just the interview process seemed unorganized.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the technologies you’ve worked with?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Podium in November 2018.

Interview

The process took forever. The recruiter that texted me was very unresponsive and didn't know who I was half the time I contacted him. It took quite a while to move through each step of the process. If that was indicative of how things are run here it makes me wonder if management is very organized.

Interview Questions

• They have a couple of coding challenges, the first is more of a test format that is timed and the second is more of a project.   Answer Question