Poet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Poet Interview Questions

Interviews at Poet

2.7

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Poet (Alexandria, IN).

Interview

Interviewed with the general manager as the plant was not open yet and the Quality Manager had just quit. Was a pleasant interview, basically like a conversation. Very laid back. It will help if you are a small town person, or believe in ethanol and green energy.

Interview Questions

• None that I can really think of but I was not interviewed by someone who was employed in my field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me a number and I suggested a higher one. I was given the higher wage.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Poet (Portland, IN).

Interview

2 Stage interview process. 1st with Operations Manager, 2nd with General and Tech Managers. The General and Tech manager seemed bothered by the whole interview process, like they had better things to do. They were also unreachable to try and check up on the hiring process, which gets a little irritating after the first 3 weeks of waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know my backstory.   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Poet (Sioux Falls, SD) in March 2013.

Interview

Great, interview knew exactly what they were doing; could tell they have been trained! I thought it would be 1 on 1, but I ended up meeting with several people throughout the day. My fault, they told me that. and and and and and and and and and and and

Interview Questions

• Basic behavorial based questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, I didn't negotiate.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Manchester, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Poet (North Manchester, IN) in January 2012.

Interview

A lot dumb useless banter that meant nothing at all. They mainly preach their propaganda and tell you a boat load of lies to get you on the hook. They are so hard up now for employees that if you show up and have a pulse, you will get the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Poet.

Interview

Pretty standard job interview. Two rounds. General questions such as "Walk me through your resume." "Tell me about yourself." "Greatest strengths, greatest weaknesses, etc." The interviewer was very easy to talk to and the interview felt more like a very pleasant conversation than a grilling.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I knew the ethanol production process/ had any knowledge of the ethanol value chain. I didn't, which did not negatively affect me, but having some prior knowledge of the science behind ethanol production would be a big bonus.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation- summer internship.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Poet.

Interview

I was able to interview at the headquarters, where I was shown where I would potentially be working and who I would be working with. The interview was very formal but informative.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any projects you have worked on with a team.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Poet (Sioux Falls, SD) in November 2013.

Interview

Go through a phone interview, a possible video interview, and either a panel or multi-person interview at the office. If a position is offered and accepted, must pass a background and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. i.e. Describe a time when you handled a safety issue, etc...   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Poet (Sioux Falls, SD) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online at the end of Nov. 2015. I had a phone interview mid-December, and a first interview in early January 2016. The first interview was 3 hours. I was called back for a second interview a week later, it was another 3 hours. I didn't hear anything back for over a week, so I sent an email to the HR Recruiter. I got a phone call the next day that they were considering changing the position to "better accommodate my qualifications" and would be in touch in "a couple of days." Two more weeks went by and I heard nothing, so I followed up with the hiring manager for the position. Another week passed with no response, so I called the recruiter again and left a voicemail. Again, another week went by with no response. Again, I followed up with the hiring manager. 4 days after my message, he finally called me back to tell me that they were "going in a different direction". I found out later that they had already hired someone for the position by this time.

The hilarious part of all of this is how they sat across the desk from me during the 6 hour interview process and told me how important their values were to them (golden rule, honesty, integrity, respect). Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Please share with us the top three values that are the most important to you in your life.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Poet (Wichita, KS).

Interview

I interviewed at Poet Ethanol Products has an extensive interview process. I interviewed with two different managers for two different positions, the CFO, and then the CEO in the fishbowl office on the second floor was the final interview.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Poet (Marion, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

I was contacted via email to interview over the phone. The interview had the typical questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. The interview was very nice and very understanding of my undergraduate position.

Interview Questions

• What don't you like about your current job?   1 Answer