Point B Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Point B Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Point B

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point B.

Interview

it was a standard behavioral interview and then there were case study questions too. the case study ones were a combo of classic puzzle-type ones you'd find online and also more realistic business case types

Interview Questions

• classic question about measuring one cup of water and you only have a 5 cup measure and a 3 cup measure.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Point B

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied for a position via LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter.

Recruiter screening: Pretty laid back. Asked about backgrounds, interests, comp expectations, and went over the interview process, which consisted of 3 rounds and a final in-person.

Interview 1: Skype call - lasted an hour. It was immediately evident that they focus heavily on project management frameworks and the candidate's comfort level with describing them. They evaluated my understanding of PM frameworks and hit me with a fairly easy case question. They were not particularly impressed with my response to the PM framework question because at the end of the interview they made a comment that my case response compensated for my lack of theoretical understanding around the PM lifecycle. Go figs.

Interview 2: Skype call with a manager - lasted 1.5 hours. Very laid back and conversational in nature; there were two case questions in this round. They helped me through a couple points where I got stuck.

Interview 3: Skype call with another manager - lasted 1.5 hours. For this round I had to prepare a one-page written response to a case question of my choice (they give you two options). Interview was conversational in nature, but they made me discuss the logic behind my written case response, and then proceeded to give me three more case questions. The goal is not to arrive at the right answer, but more so to prove your ability to come up with a consistent framework that you use to logically think through each question. I did well, though I felt it was a bit excessive.

On-site: At this point, after successfully completing 7 CASE QUESTIONS, I thought I had it in the bag and that this on-site interview was just a sanity check to make sure I wasn't a serial killer. The final sit-down is with a very prickly individual who studies your every move while laughing at all your jokes (the worst kind). The questions were relaxed but their vibes definitely rubbed me the wrong way. For example, within 5 minutes of conversation, they made a comment that only 5% of people make it to the final round, so that I should feel "proud of myself for EVEN making it this far." Uh? If it only takes 5 minutes to decide whether or not to hire someone, why bother putting the candidate through the pain and agony of 3 ridiculously long rounds of interviews and 7 case questions? There seemed to be a glaring disconnect between this person's assessment of me and the 4 individuals who interviewed me prior.

A week later, I was told I would not be getting an offer, with very little feedback to improve my candidacy for future opportunities.

Overall, a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• 1. A global media company wants to implement an IT solution across their 100 markets and are looking to reduce costs, provide consistent support and improve network performance. What are your recommendations?

2. How would you implement a visitor management system for a global nonprofit?

3. A financial services company wants a holistic view of their real estate accounts to streamline their entire portfolio. What are your recommendations?

4. What would your plan be to roll out a mobile banking application?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Submitted resume on-line in response to posting; initial telephone interview with current consultant. Very little recognition of my years of experience, treated me like a new entrant. Awkward interview: interviewer was delayed in asking questions while she finished chewing her lunch.

Interview Questions

• Background, prior experience.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Point B in June 2010.

Interview

Very easy interview...1 case study to review and comment about. The overall impression of Point B was that they were a "Contracting Body Shop" w/ Benefits. There seemed to me no career path or say into which projects you could work on. I passed on subsequent interviews.

Interview Questions

• You are a consultant going to visit the CEO of a hotel who claims to have unlimited money and resources but does not know what to do w/ his company?? What do you ask him and why?   Answer Question