Point B Management Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Point B Management Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Point B

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA) in April 2019.

Interview

I began an application, put it on hold, received an e-mail asking me to complete, then immediately received an e-mail rejecting my application. Disappointed to see a question asking about dates of High School and College graduation. Whether intended or not, it is a way to determine an applicants age which should not be a significant factor in considering a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Asking about my age on the application, via required inputs on college and high school graduation dates.   1 Answer

Point B Response

Apr 25, 2019 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for providing feedback on your application experience. Point B is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion... More

Other Interview Reviews for Point B

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Point B.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of five interviews spaced over a number of weeks as the inteviewer had time available from consulting committments. The first one was a basic screening interview that took place at a Starbucks and mostly focused on Point B culture, the personal history of the interviewer, and a some basic background, interest, and value questions listed on a two page form.

The second interview was held 10 days later at another Starbucks with a more senior Point B consultant. It focused on my work history,consulting skills, personal expectations, and a fairly basic business case drawn from the interviewers current client assignment.

The third interview was held in a restaurant and included the basic fit and experience questions, a sharing of background and war stories, and a couple of fairly difficult business cases.

The fourth interview was held at the Point B office (a Regis Executive Office location); it was a confirmation interview with a perfunctory business case, and more sharing of personal interests, discussion of Point B culture and expectations. Immediately after, I met with the regional manager to discuss specifics of the job, Point B requirements and expectations, and a frank discussion of the postivies and negatives of hiring me.

A few days later I got a call from the regional manager telling me that my background, while impressive, didn't fit the Point B template well enough to make an offer. Throughout the process I was impressed by the people, appreciated their honesty and candor, and came away satisfied with the outcome.

Point B is in the business of suppling experienced consulting team managers to lead client team projects. They are the best bargain around for sophisticated users of consulting services, providing quality results at very low cost. Point B assignments usually involve one or at the most two consultant full time over a period of a few weeks to many months. Most Point B clients have several projects going at any given time.

Interview Questions

• I was initially surprised at the focus on life style and "family values" by all interviewers. However I soon realized that most Point B consultants are alumni of Accenture, Deloitte, or some other high-travel, competitive, work intensive firm Point B offers the chance to make reasonable money, rarely travel, and work locally (or at home) most of the time   Answer Question