Point B Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Point B Senior Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Point B

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Point B (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was made up of a phone screen with the recruiter and 4 different interviews with other local associates/principals in the Phoenix Market. Because I was relocating from a different state, my first 3 interviews were performed via Skype and the 4th was done in person with the Market Director. Overall this was a good process, where I was able to meet a variety of individuals in the PHX market. Across the interviews, I felt like it provided an opportunity for both Point B and myself to assess whether this was the right fit. The interviews assessed my skills through standard interview questions, case studies and a written case studies. Overall, I appreciated their flexibility and keeping me update to date on my status throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deliver a difficult message or bad news to an executive.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Point B

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Point B (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Following employee referral and initial phone screen with human resources leader, I had the opportunity to meet one of the principals of the organization seeking to establish a new branch of the growing consultancy in the Twin Cities. Excellent, conversational-style interview. Well-crafted questions by the interviewer seemed general in nature though designed to really open up conversation on several topics. A great experience overall!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about your experience with professional consulting engagements related to your current, or recent roles.   Answer Question

Point B Response

Jul 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is great to hear and very much appreciated! We wish you the best of luck.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with someone in Recruiting, based on employee referral. Four interviews total for a Senior Associate role in Operations and Process Improvement. 1) 60 min. in-person PB interest/resume review with Senior Director in a Starbucks, 2) 90-min. in-person with an OPI Senior Associate in the Seattle office to simulate/present sample deliverables (value stream maps, current state assessment summary, stakeholder analysis, sample report-out, etc.) based on a case, 3) on the same day as #2, 90 min. in-person with a non-OPI Senior Associate focusing on two real-time cases, approximately 6-8 behavioral questions and discussion around Point B interest and fit and finally 4) 90-min. in-person closing interview with practice director.

The written case and sample deliverables required a decent time investment which was difficult to balance with concurrent work obligations. I ended up needing to reschedule my second interview due to a client schedule change and Point B was extremely accommodating with the schedule change and adjusting the deadline for my written case/sample deliverables.

Interview Questions

• 1. What does success look like at your one-year PB anniversary?
      2. Who is the leader you admire most and what about them makes them so impactful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Point B (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a four step process, including a writing sample submission. There was a phone screen with an HR person, a phone interview with a member of the team, then a face to face meeting with a person that reviewed the writing sample then the final interview where an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most difficult client situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Point B (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was pleasantly surprised that a recruiter reached out to me within 2 days. We started with a phone conversation to gather information and she shared details about the company, the interview process and answered my questions. I then had two interviews, in which I met with consultants. The interviews were casual and informative with some case questions. The recruiter followed up with me after each interview very promptly. In the end, there wasn't a good fit but I was extremely impressed by the kindness and professionalism of the recruiter as well as the interviewers. This was probably one of the best interview experiences that I've had. I hope to have the opportunity to work with this company in the future.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your experience; what was your most challenging project?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Point B.

Interview

The process is pretty much as they state - 4 parts of the interview process. The first step was an interview with another Sr. Associate who explained the culture and some basic parts of the process, they would chat and basically assess your likeablity.
    The next one (2nd) was more reviewing your experience and asking you questions around your roles and what you did. Like the first, this was at a Starbucks and very informal. Felt like a natural conversation. He even offered some good advice for the third interview and his perspective on the company in general.

The third interview required pre-work. You needed to fill out an application, send back a background check approval and write a one page response on a scenario. This was given as pretty vague and they want a one page response to how you would handle the situation. It could be about a business expanding into a new area with some details and how would you handle it. As another reviewer stated, my response was torn apart for being too generic. Then they threw 2 more scenarios at you in the meeting. The problem with these are they do not give you a framework or methodology, so it leaves you relying on your past experience. Advice would be to know how accenture would do it and use that type of approach.
    Immediately after, met with the local practice director and the conversation was natural and easy.

By the end of the 3rd/4th interview, I was not too impressed by the company and I think they saw me as not as excited about the role.

To be fair, they do seem to have a great work/life balance, but I am not that impressed by how they interview you.

Interview Questions

• Case studies that are vague and wanting you to create your own framework.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process is very thorough and long. There is an opportunity to meet a variety of people within the local market team. The organization is working hard to address the timing needs of each candidate. The most common title/position is Senior Associate. There is a wide range of people with varying types and levels of experience in this role. This can be difficult for those interviewing to try to gauge where they would fit into the organization.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Point B (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

they have 4 rounds of interviews. The first one is usually with HR followed by one with a peer that is really more about fit and what you are looking for. The 3rd and 4th are usually with some sort of market leadership and may involve a simple case study.

Interview Questions

• There is a case study where you have to describe how you would manage a project and how you would handle employees that don't work for you or for Point B but are part of your project.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Point B.

Interview

Was employee referral. Process took a bit longer than expected, but was straightforward. Seemed to over-emphasize Big 4 consulting experience, yet it's clear nobody at the firm made it past Mgr at Accenture or Deloitte. The higher up in the food chain you get more apparent it gets.
    Interview consisted of 1 face-to-face, then case interview face-to-face. Next was written case and verbal case w/ more Sr consultant. Final interview was w/ LA Director. "Interesting" personality. Spent entire interview telling me why I wasn't good candidate (which is never a good sign). Not sure why I made it that far...
    Small firm, small engagements, small salary. Good fit for those not looking to travel. Firm needs to figure out a growth strategy. Again, bottom heavy, not may $ makers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Point B (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The best hiring approach that I have ever experienced! They are very clear up front that it is a well-defined four stage interview process that takes 4-6 weeks. There are clear expectations for each step and plenty of time to prepare.
    After each interview they decide whether to promote the candidate to the next phase.
    The later phases included a one page writing sample / case study.
    They treated candidates as professionals and maintained very open communication.

Interview Questions

• Case study and writing sample regarding expansion of local business into a new market.   Answer Question