Point B Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Point B Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Point B

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online and got an email that same day asking to follow up with the first step of the process which consisted in video recording my first interview. The platform (vidcruiter) worked on and off and I had to switch computers 3 times as I kept losing my audio. I had 1-3 minutes to answer most questions, with 5 to talk about my entire work experience.
The recruiter wanted this back within a week, but started asking me to submit before the deadline was up. I got it in by the deadline, but then I didn't hear from the recruiter for 2 weeks, whereas the commitment from them was that I would hear back within 1 week. When I finally got an email response, she said she hadn't seen the video, but what the heck, let's schedule an interview anyway.
During the phone screening she told me I didn't have the experience for the role that I applied for but there was another, completely different, that I could be a good fit for. Without giving me a chance to review the new job description, she started asking questions which I was not able to properly respond to as I didn't know what the position entailed. End of interview.
Some days later, she called back wanting to have a quick conversation, and then she told me that I didn't have the consulting experience they wanted and needed. I stated that I had applied to another position that I was qualified for, but she said that I didn't have consulting experience for that either... that position did not list a requirement for consulting background so it felt like she was trying to get rid of me.
Lastly, she said that I had some good stuff in my background and to come back later. Ok bye.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to engaging stakeholders?   1 Answer

Point B Response

Jul 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We value feedback within our culture and see it as an opportunity to get better. In general, we strive to make every candidate experience a... More

Other Interview Reviews for Point B

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

The phone screening/interview was extremely informal and the person was easy to talk to. Obtained a lot of information about Point B. Liked the fact that it was employee owned and emphasized work life balance

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Point B.

Interview

When I first discussed an opportunity with Point B I was very excited about their message. I was told we would move through the interview process quickly, that they had a very transparent process and the four interview process would be two Skype interviews and one onsite for interview three and four. Fast forward five and a half months and three phone interviews later and I received an email that we were not moving forward but I could sub-contract with them. First interview, I literally read my resume over the phone to the associate and then we were done. Second interview was nice, but was just a general conversation, nothing relevant to my skill set or work. Third interview I was asked to answer a question in a single page format. I was asked to explain how I would create a business case for a situation. First the associate criticized me that I did not create a business case, but explained how I would create one, which was the question. After we discussed that I answered the question that was asked she then told me I made spelling and grammar mistakes and asked how I felt about that. There were no mistakes, I politely answered that I must have missed those items and she told me Point B would never send something like that out to a client. There was not a mistake in that document, I reread it after the interview. It seems interview three is either an attempt to gauge how you take criticism or my interviewer was having a bad day. After that interview we never moved forward. Each step took over a month to move forward. I was surprised that their message at the beginning was so different from the negative experience I had through the process. Most of the interview times in the second and third were selling their culture, what made them different, how much people enjoyed their company and how their process was "different", portrayed as better. I never saw their interview process as different or better, I saw it as much less respectful to the interviewee. As to the culture and how much the people enjoy the company, I have no idea but seems odd that a company would have to spend so much time of the interview to push the company message so hard.

Interview Questions

• *We have been asked to help a small brewery located near a large city. Distribution is currently limited to the pub, but they would like to expand distribution into the metropolitan area. How would you design and develop the business case for this expansion?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Point B.

Interview

I knew one of the Senior Project managers through a project we both worked on... I was told to apply online and it was horrible. Who still uses Taleo?

I spent almost an hour going through their site to fill in my info, the next week we had a phone screen and the manager asked why I hadn't filled in the Taleo profile...

Fast forward 2 weeks of back and forth frustrating experience and I backed out of further interviews.

How can you possibly expect me to take you serious if your company uses Taleo and hasn't fixed the basic functionalities?

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the statistical process to improve logical regression.... pretty standard questions. It was like the guy was reading from a interviewing 101 book.   Answer Question