Point Solutions (Virginia) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Point Solutions (Virginia) Interview Questions

Interviews at Point Solutions (Virginia)

1.5

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Point Solutions (Virginia) (McLean, VA) in January 2020.

Interview

When I interviewed here, I remember having three different interviews. The entire process only took a few days, but I do remember that the second interview was the longest of the three. The first one was more of a get to know you phase where they go over your resume and goals. The second one was truly insightful.

Interview Questions

• What is your best quality you can bring to a company like ours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Point Solutions (Virginia) (McLean, VA) in December 2019.

Interview

During the first interview, you really get a good overview about what the company does and how they do it. The second interview is more of a job shadow and you can ask all the questions you want and get straightforward answers to them without any sugar-coating. The people here are very professional, yet very real as well. You'll get a feel about the vibe of the company during the interview process as well. Very cool company.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a new position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Point Solutions (Virginia) (McLean, VA) in November 2019.

Interview

There were three interviews within a week's time frame. So you aren't left wondering if you got chosen for the next round of interviews for months and months. Everyone was very professional and straight-forward during the interview process. Nothing was sugar coated and the vibe of the office was upbeat and positive.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been looking for a position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Point Solutions (Virginia) (McLean, VA) in September 2019.

Interview

The hiring process was very good. There was a lot of in-house training to help get you familiar with everything in the company. The interviews were all very professional and straightforward. From the first interview to the time I got hired took only a week! The training was very thorough and I picked everything up pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been searching for a different company to work for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Point Solutions (Virginia) (McLean, VA) in August 2019.

Interview

The first interview was with the human resources person. They asked me a bunch of basic questions over the phone so we knew we weren't wasting eachother's time. The second interview was where a bulk of the work got done. I learned all about the company's promotion structure, pay, benefits, history, goals, etc. They asked me a lot of questions about my strengths and weakness, my resume, etc. Great interviews actually.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the job market?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I applied online for the entry level position. It seemed right up my alley since I'm new to the 'professional workforce.' I didn't know too much about the company going in to the interviews, but after everything was said and done, I got a really good feel for the workload and opportunities in the company.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the job market?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I applied for the entry level management trainee position. I learned during the interviews that everyone starts off in the sales and marketing position to learn the ropes and prove they have the know-how. Makes sense to me. After that the person learns how to lead and manage teams, and eventually gets put in charge of a regional office. Very good interview process and all of my questions were answered.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a position now?   1 Answer

Customer Service/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Point Solutions (Virginia) (McLean, VA) in March 2019.

Interview

This company lied to me multiple times throughout the interview process, which I will outline below, under A), B), C) headings:

A) The Phone Interview
         - As I had been recruited by a door-to-door sales company previously, I wanted to be sure that I was not being recruited by another. To that end, I specifically asked if Point Solutions was asking me to be a part of a door-to-door sales team. The representative of the company informed me that I would be working solely in the company office, working through phone calls and meeting prospective clients in various conference rooms.

B) First 1:1 Interview
         - During the first one-on-one interview, I met with the sales manager, who spent time explaining company culture, goals, and procedures. There was some discussion of my prior sales experience. Being somewhat unsure of this company still, I asked yet again if I was being recruited to make door-to-door sales. Again, I was told no, this was in-office only and no door-to-door sales were required. A second 1:1 interview was scheduled for the following day.

C) Final Interview
         - I don't know if this is the final interview in their process, but it was definitely my final interview with this company. On entering the room for my final interview, I met with a sales representative. For a third time, as others had advised me of this company's tactics in recruiting, I asked if the company was door-to-door sales. This time, I was told yes, I would be involved with that and expected to work door-to-door. At this time, I ended the interview process.

I am highly disappointed both in the company culture that encourages telling flat out lies to prospective employees and the fact that something like this would have to be encouraged from a top-down perspective. In no way shape or form will I ever recommend that anyone searching for a job apply here, nor will I ever do business from a client-side role here - if Point Solutions is so cavalier with the truth as it relates to their own employees, I hesitate to imagine what they would tell potential clients.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work as a door-to-door sales representative?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Point Solutions (Virginia) (McLean, VA) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied through ZipRecruiter and was contacted to have an interview. I was told they were prepared to offer a job after the initial interview and upon further research I realized it was not a real marketing job, but rather door to door sales. I emailed the contact and cancelled the interview. No one responded to my email, but then I received a new email offering me the job and telling me to report the same day for orientation, which I found extremely odd given my canceling of the interview.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Point Solutions (Virginia) in December 2018.

Interview

It was easy, almost too easy. It was a two part interview, each part conducted by a different individual. Very fishy that they have an interview almost everyday, seeing as how they have a very high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer