Polaris Marketing Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Polaris Marketing Group

2.7

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Polaris Marketing Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Job I applied for did not match the job I was offered. Staff were very nice, and I had an interview with the CEO of the company. It lasted about fifteen minutes and I realized that the company did not really need people who can advance in the career.

Marketing Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Polaris Marketing Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview questions based upon what they did and how my skills would work for their company. They were impressed with my skills, but being that I didn't get a call back shows that they were looking for something/someone else.
    I felt as though my years of experience and skill acquired through the Army and being an Officer for 21 years would be proof enough that I have the required expertise to manage and lead a team and be successful.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your biggest strength?
      What is something that you want to improve upon both professionally and personally?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Polaris Marketing Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screening interview where they find out a little about you and also tell you about the company and the position. The second interview was a job-shadowing day where you spend a day with one of their corporate trainers. This was helpful to see the day-to-day responsibilities of an employee.

Interview Questions

• What is one misconception a room full of strangers might have about you?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Polaris Marketing Group (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I received an email requesting I come in the next day and I was trying to research the pay before I wasted anyone's time and could not do anything that was commission based. I emailed them two times and finally they spilled the beans they were commission based. I cant stand companies like this its so shady

No base pay

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Polaris Marketing Group (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews and it is door to door sales for small businesses, pretty much commission based until you rise up the company ladder. The people are very nice but it is not a position you are looking for if you don't want to drive your car everywhere and talk to small business owners everyday. Out of about 22 people you may close two accounts and you must sell to stay in the company. You are selling the service for carriers. If you are great at selling this may be the job for you. Great people and they will coach you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Polaris Marketing Group (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I recently had the chance to interview with the management team at PMG this week for the marketing consultant position. I recently graduated this past May with a degree in marketing so needless to say, I was ready to get my feet wet in my specified field. They have a straight forward two step interview process which involves a preliminary face - to - face as well as a second, shadow day that involves a full day out, observing a consultants daily duties. I very much like the idea behind their philosophy of merit based business, rather than competing with a large group of people and dealing with favoritism and seniority, all the employees are treated as equals and promoted based solely off of merit. They have an extremely well put together management training program that expedites a position into management in about a year to year and a half time frame. I also enjoy the idea of their 100% open door policy, consultants can seek individualized attention with corporate trainers to help hone their skills and techniques without criticism or feeling like they are behind on training. I would highly recommend this position to anyone seeking to jumpstart a career into marketing in a corporate atmosphere with a position in management.

Interview Questions

• How do you balance your reliance on facts, combined with your reliance on intuition?   1 Answer

Unfortunately, I had to relocate away from Atlanta, but will be accepting the position upon my return within the next 6 months.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

Interview

Simplistic two step interview process. Starting with a preliminary face to face, one-on-one interview directly with the firm's hiring manager. As a fresh marketing grad as of May 2014 out of Georgia State, the one thing I wanted to gain among all others was experience in my field. Polaris has a great management training program that starts off entry-level to teach and develop others directly from the ground up, excellent compensation and a fresh company culture.

Interview Questions

• What skills would help you be successful in our organization?   1 Answer

Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Polaris Marketing Group.

Interview

Very easy, email correspondence, basic phone interview, then shadowing day. Everyone seemed very young but nice. But I was told it was a marketing position; it's driving around all day, door to door business sales for T-mobile. You put those miles on your own car and they don't pay for gas, it's a tax write off. $250 a week plus commission just isn't the compensation range I'm looking for.

Interview Questions

Polaris Marketing Group Response

Sep 19, 2014 – President

I apologize that your interview with us was not what you had expected it to be. This position, is in fact, sales combined with marketing. The client in which we market, is of course T- Mobile, and... More

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Polaris Marketing Group.

Interview

The interview was a full day on the road with a marketing consultant. They take you around selling cell phone lines to market for the product. Everyone in the company was really nice and the company culture is great.

Interview Questions

• Why is it so important to start out in an entry level position with a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Polaris Marketing Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Comprehensive, 3 step, face-to-face interview process. I received an initial call and e-mail one day after applying directly through LinkedIn. The first call and email gave me a fairly detailed synopsis about the position I had applied for, the HR director was extremely thorough in the way he broke down the company structure. Upon further review of my resume, I was invited in for a preliminary interview with their branch manager, he fully elaborated more in-depth as to what the position entails and the level of growth enclosed in the position itself. After 24 hours of review, I was invited in for a secondary interview, that consisted of a full day on appointments with one of PMG's top consultants to allow me to see a first-hand account of what a typical day for a Polaris employee consisted of. At the end of the day I sat down for an exit interview with the branch manager to discuss my day and observations. I received a call less than 24 hours from their company president stating that they would like to bring me on as a full-time salaried employee, I received an offer letter and signed my new-hire paperwork the following Monday. The staff was very friendly an helpful, as well as receptive to help answer any questions or concerns.

Interview Questions

• In which ways can you apply your educational and relative work background towards a successful career in marketing management?   Answer Question
    • What about the field of marketing entices you, and what sector are you the most interested in?   Answer Question
    • Of all the skills and abilities that you personally posses, what is your strongest? And what is in are you would like to seek development in?   Answer Question