Politecnico di Milano Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Politecnico di Milano

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Politecnico di Milano (Milan (Italy)).

Interview

- Public call published online
    - 15 days to submit your resume and relevant documents (you have to pay a tax to apply for the job)
    - The admitted candidates are called for an interview with a panel of 3 full professor in the next 2 weeks
    - From 1 to 2 weeks to start the job

Interview Questions

• CV evaluation about past experiences, titles, publications
      1 Interview about topic of research: general knowledge about the main concepts and tools
      Past experience   Answer Question

Waste-to-Energy Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piacenza (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Politecnico di Milano (Piacenza (Italy)) in May 2015.

Interview

The first part lasted almost an hour and thirty minutes and I was asked to write summaries of two reports: the first one from Italian to English and the second one vice versa. The second part consists of the proper interview held by three professors of the research group: it started in English and then continue in Italian.
    For this position, it was mandatory the knowledge of at least two languages (Italian and English).

Interview Questions

• Why did you applied for this position? (English)   Answer Question
    • I was asked to talk about my Master Thesis and the results that came out. (English)   Answer Question
    • Suppose that an airbus generates 100 MW during the the take-off. Estimate the consumes of kerosene for a Milan - New York flight.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Politecnico di Milano.

Interview

You participate an open examination and you need to answer a call published by the University. Depending on the theme of the call you will be expected to possess some knowledge regarding the topic and to be able to propose a work plan (i.e. a draft of a project of your research)

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about the nature of the research I was going to carry on.   Answer Question

PhD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Politecnico di Milano (Milan (Italy)) in August 2013.

Interview

it is little tough. but not very difficult. since i was having a referral the process was easy but the research is tough. it need s thorough preparation foe the research and very hard work is required.

Interview Questions

• they asked for qualification details and area of interest   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Politecnico di Milano (Milan (Italy)) in April 2013.

Interview

contacting professor in february
    call opening
    selection of the topic that I like
    reading of the literature
    preparation of a research proposal
    preparation of a cover letter
    looking for references
    preliminary screening
    interview with the commission
    presentation of the project
    meeting with other phd
    settling
    desk assignment
    reading of literature

Interview Questions

• 1. Bsc and Msc
      2. working experiences
      3. interests in research and teaching   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milano (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Politecnico di Milano (Milano (Italy)) in July 2012.

Interview

Public selection process based on CV and academic career (publications)

Interview Questions

• All the questions was basically related to deeper understand the personal research activities and background, thus there was not specifically difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Monthly salary (but only marginally)

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Politecnico di Milano (Milan (Italy)) in April 2012.

Interview

You could contact one of the researchers or professors working in your field of interest and ask for a fast interview. Then you just apply for the PhD position you choose (usually in May).
    Your CV will be evaluated and, if needed, a commission will organize a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about your previous academic experience.   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Politecnico di Milano (Milan (Italy)) in October 2011.

Interview

The entire process consist in the assessment of your curriculum vitae, your academic curricula (exams scores and degree score). Also they judge your academic pubblications, if you have some. They also want a motivational letter and two presentation letters from professors or past employers.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Politecnico di Milano (Milano (Italy)) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with a first call for language proficiency checking and personality test.
    Then it followed a first skill test call and a second, much more deeper, skill test call. Tests was based on mathematical and programmatic knowledge and abilities.

Interview Questions

• How you can optimize for speed this piece of code? (the code was show in a shared document)   1 Answer

PhD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Politecnico di Milano (Milan (Italy)) in March 2011.

Interview

Commision examination, cv screaning, question on the content of the thesis and the project for the future. Present a detailed project for the three year, with the pourpose for the period abroad

Interview Questions

• Why you want to become a PhD   1 Answer