PolyOne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PolyOne Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.9

Manager Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PolyOne.

Interview

Applied online and received an immediate response for a phone screen. We scheduled a phone screen and the recruiter emailed me just before saying we needed to move it out and asked for availability later in the week. I provided availability and followed up 3 days later after no response. We agreed a time and the recruiter called an hour earlier when I was unavailable (we clearly agreed time zone that the call was to be based on). We eventually connected and had a phone screen about my qualifications for the role, the company, etc. We finished with salary information and the recruiter advised me I was highly qualified for the role and I would hear next steps within the next several days as he was recommending I move along in the process. I never received a follow up call or email. I emailed and left voicemail, but no response. The recruiter I worked with was unprofessional, unresponsive and arrogant. As this is the only view I have had inside the company, I would not move forward even if asked.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PolyOne in February 2017.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. They are very selective which is a sign of a great employer. There were several phone interviews to get a feel for what I could offer. Then several hours of face to face interviews. I liked this because it gave me a chance to meet people, and ask questions to help me get a better feel for the organization.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PolyOne (New York, NY).

Interview

Met at a career fair. Had interview next day. Very straightforward questions and a relaxed atmosphere. Have not heard back from them yet, it has been 3 weeks. They did say I will get a response whether I get the job or not.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PolyOne in October 2016.

Interview

One to one interview on campus. Behavioral questions, asked about leadership experience and research experience. The interviewer took notes while asking questions probably provided by the HR. Overall quite friendly and relaxed process. Although I didn't get into the next round of interview, I learned a lot about interviews. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of you were suddenly thrown into an unfamiliar project.   Answer Question

IT Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PolyOne (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Met at campus fair. Interviewed first with two managers on campus. A week later, got a phone call asking to come in for second round. The second round was about 3 weeks after the first interview. We had to take some personality test prior to interviewing second round. It was two days. The first day we met in the evening in Cleveland and went on a tour, went bowling and met with some of the people in the program (not managers). This was our opportunity to ask questions and learn about the people there.
    The next day, we had to drive (in our own vehicles) to HQ at Avon Lake about 30 minutes away. The day started off by them giving us some presentations about the company and products, which lasted for a few hours (I think from 8 to 10). At 10, we were broken up into pairs and had to work on creating an innovative product which we presented to all the managers present (there were like 15), and the VP, some directors and the CFO (of the company!) was there. I got stuck with someone who was domineering and trying to show that he is in charge, I think they might've made the pairs according to the personality tests. I don't know what they define leadership as, but that was immaturity - not leadership.

After the presentations, we had lunch with the CFO. Remaining time was just our opportunity to continue asking questions during presentations. We ended at around 3 pm.

Sales Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PolyOne (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

HR for PolyOne communicated very well and made the interview process easy. It was one initial interview on campus with a regional sales manager, a round of four back to back interviews and networking at the headquarters in Cleveland, OH. Finally a phone interview to schedule a ride along which was difficult due to scheduling conflicts. The process was simple but drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Basic background questions and why sales versus traditional engineering.   Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PolyOne in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on company website and received a phone into from HR. Next step was a phone interview with Controller a few days later. Interview did not happen and recruiter did not respond to repeated requests for interview status, updates or to close the process. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Initial interview with recruiter was typical initial screening questioning. Walk through resume, experience and accomplishments. Career goals and what are you looking for in an employer. Discussed position and how it matched with my skills and experience. Finished with salary requirements and additional information about the company in general. Finished with my questions and next steps. Was to receive feedback within a few days. I did and next interview was scheduled but never happened.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PolyOne (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Fly you to Cleveland where they take you to a "social" dinner the first night. Get to meet the managers and sales engineers. Talk to people you are not interviewing with. The following day you take a tour of the specialty engineered materials plant. Then you do 4 interviews with different managers and HR. If you make it past this they fly you out to go on a ride along sales call where you shadow someone for the day and sit in on meetings etc. After that they call you to tell you if you got the job or not.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PolyOne (Tempe, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Fairly Basic. I am an RCG, and my degree is in engineering, so the interviewer did have me "sell" him the pen on the desk. Other than that, the questions were fairly standard. The interviewers were knowledgeable and were able to answer all of the questions about the company that I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult you've had to make in your college career.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PolyOne in September 2016.

Interview

-Basic behavioral questions and asked about projects I have worked on.(1st Interview) Was very casual and I asked a lot of questions about projects assigned to past interns and tasks they worked on. Overall, the phone interview process wasn't too bad, and they didn't ask that much stuff from my resume.

Interview Questions

• An example of an adversity I faced when working with group. They wanted to know how I dealt with if a member was not doing his part.   Answer Question