Polycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.9

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Polycom (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Initial phone contact - I was recruited. Drove down to San Jose to meet the team in person. Spent the day in the office to better understand the culture and meet potential team members. Further discussions on what the job entailed.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Polycom.

Interview

I interviewed at the San Jose office with 3 employees, 1 in person and 2 on video chat. All were very friendly and I was walked out by a senior level manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked the basic questions to get to know you, about the position and relevant experience   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Polycom (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted within a couple of weeks from submitting my resume on-line. The interview was conducted via phone with the hiring manager. The position was located in Austin.

Product Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Polycom (Andover, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter. After confirming interest and sending resume it was about a week before an interview was scheduled. Over four hours I met with five people in a newly built, state of the art office space. Within a week I was contacted by one of the interviewers and was offered the position, which I happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Some interview topics included: previous employment, technical competency, salary expectations and personal background.   Answer Question

Mar 23, 2016 – Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for writing a review, and so glad to hear that you decided to join us! It sounds like the recruiting process was quick and fairly seamless, so please respond to the Recruiting ... More

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Polycom in February 2016.

Interview

Started out with an introductory phone call with HR, followed by a phone call with a senior marketing director. Next, there were four separate interviews with individuals within marketing. Things took place rather quickly.

But then everything went silent for multiple weeks. After a standard follow-up thank you email, I was told that I should hear back within a few days. It wasn't until another two leeks later when I received the canned / generic / robotic denial email.

Interview Questions

• How are you at handling a number of different tasks at once?   Answer Question

Mar 23, 2016 – Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't notified of the decision with an actual phone call- that is not standard process and it should not have occurred ... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Polycom (San Jose, CA).

Interview

- Interviews depends on the team you are interviewing and location.
    - They will check your analytical and logical ability while interviewing.
    - Standard Interview Process like any other companies.
    - Data structures and Algorithms
    - Design related questions
    - Basic Web development questions

Interview Questions

• - Data structures and Algorithms
      - Design related questions
      - Basic Web development questions
      Answer Question

Apr 13, 2016 – Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

I'm glad that you decided to join Polycom! Please respond to the Recruiting Effectiveness Dashboard (RED) survey you receive from us separately. Again, welcome to Polycom, and let me know if ... More

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Polycom (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very professional and efficiently scheduled interview. Interviewed with 6 staff members and stayed on track on time. All interactions were professional - liked that the corporate values are printed on the interview schedule and that they are important to them.

Interview Questions

• what is an example of a goal you did not meet and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Apr 13, 2016 – Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's good to know that the process was straightforward and professional. I'm sorry that this opportunity didn't work out, but please keep us in ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Polycom (Westminster, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Very long interview.

1. HR had to send a questionnaire answered for initial screen.
    2. After that, I had a coding assessment which was for 1 hr and 15 minutes, this was entirely in java multi threading and object oriented concepts.
    3. HR Interview - Just regular questions about job, and my experience.
    4. Technical Interview with the hiring team - 3 Persons interviewed me, mostly questions were based on multi threading, problems with that like deadlock, race condition and some object oriented patterns.
    5. Finally called me for an onsite interview which lasted for 2 hours and 30 minutes..

First interview was with a group of 3, they were testing my coding skills and problem solving skills with some tricky questions, so they can play with you for a while.

Second interview was with the hiring team, they asked questions on how you do that (eg: testing, design, challenges etc).

For an entry level software engineer, I thought this was little too much, they take the juice out of candidates and I wouldn't recommend anyone interviewing and wasting time with this company. Just invest your time and resources in some other place

I also heard some bad reviews that they don't treat employees well. Also, they force some employees to work from home so they could save some office space and expenses.

I would have rejected them even If I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview
      Multi threading, Deadlock, race condition, patterns.

Onsite-

a) Write a program to reverse words in a string eg: "This is my book" expected output: "book my is This"

b) What is the value of b at the end of the program? a is passed as method parameter.

int b = 1;
      While(a > 0){

a &= b
      b++;
      }

return b;

c) given an array of size k and the array elements {1, 2, 3...k-1, d}, algorithm to find the extra duplicate element?

d) How do you design a video conferencing device that will be able to connect 5 people? how do you test it? what challenges?

e) How do you choose between two job offers?

f) How do you solve problems in your development life cycle?
      1 Answer

Export Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Polycom (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Did two phone interviews. The first was with a woman in human relations who didn't seem to know much about the position. She was more of a general screener. Second interview was with someone in the department I was apply within. She had much more information, but could't answer questions regarding pay and benefits, which should be directed at the original interviewer. That was a bit annoying.

Interview Questions

• How did you become interested in a job with Polycom?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Polycom (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

30-45 minute interviews with functional VPs. Most were face to face, but one was utilizing their technology for an individual working from home that day. Most interviewers seemed unhappy. One interviewers, the head of engineering, was somewhat confrontational, but it was good to see this. Was a bit of a tool and pretty full of himself given that this is a dying company.

Interview Questions

• Work experience applied to analysis and business plan development. Who do you report to, who do you support, ... Pretty vanilla.   Answer Question