Polycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Polycom Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.8

NOC Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Polycom.

Interview

Really insightful , where you will be asked personal questions rather than technical questions.

The guys at Polycom are looking for someone passionate about technologies and the willingness to learn and dive into something very unique

Interview Questions

• Biggest strength and weakness   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Polycom (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed and comfortable video interview process with hiring manager, team members, and org director. This was spread out of a couple weeks and was a pain free process. The recruiter was very helpful and informative and ready to assist.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Polycom (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was very excited about the opportunity at Polycom, as I had heard many positive things, too bad the application/interview process is so broken. I applied for the position online, then checked my contacts on LinkedIn. I was very excited to find I was 1st level connection with a senior leader in the company within the group the position was posted. I reached out to her via LinkedIn with my resume, and a note about my background and interest. The leader replied quickly via LinkedIn with the name of the leader directly handling the position along with a note she would send my resume and have this other leader contact me. I also reached our directly to this other leader as I had her email address. Very disappointing that despite an email from her direct manager and my email the person recruiting for the position did not feel it was necessary to advise me the candidate there was no interest.

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Polycom in July 2017.

Interview

Basic HR screening phone call and then an initial 30 minute technical screen with an engineer. I'm pretty sure I frustrated the interviewer because I had to ask him to repeat several questions, some multiple times, because of his heavy accent. there was no feedback after the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with multi-threaded applications?   Answer Question

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Polycom (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Initial phone contact - I was recruited. Drove down to San Jose to meet the team in person. Spent the day in the office to better understand the culture and meet potential team members. Further discussions on what the job entailed.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Polycom.

Interview

I interviewed at the San Jose office with 3 employees, 1 in person and 2 on video chat. All were very friendly and I was walked out by a senior level manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked the basic questions to get to know you, about the position and relevant experience   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Polycom (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted within a couple of weeks from submitting my resume on-line. The interview was conducted via phone with the hiring manager. The position was located in Austin.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Polycom (Andover, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was unique - a half-day affair, in which I was interviewed by all the managers. They seemed less concerned with technical chops than with personality and values "fit" with the team.

Interview Questions

• A mathematical puzzle/riddle whose specifics I don't recall. Required thinking outside the box.   Answer Question

Product Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Polycom (Andover, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter. After confirming interest and sending resume it was about a week before an interview was scheduled. Over four hours I met with five people in a newly built, state of the art office space. Within a week I was contacted by one of the interviewers and was offered the position, which I happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Some interview topics included: previous employment, technical competency, salary expectations and personal background.   Answer Question

Polycom Response

Mar 23, 2016 – Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for writing a review, and so glad to hear that you decided to join us!

It sounds like the recruiting process was quick and fairly seamless, so please respond to the Recruiting... More

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Polycom in February 2016.

Interview

Started out with an introductory phone call with HR, followed by a phone call with a senior marketing director. Next, there were four separate interviews with individuals within marketing. Things took place rather quickly.

But then everything went silent for multiple weeks. After a standard follow-up thank you email, I was told that I should hear back within a few days. It wasn't until another two leeks later when I received the canned / generic / robotic denial email.

Interview Questions

• How are you at handling a number of different tasks at once?   Answer Question

Polycom Response

Mar 23, 2016 – Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't notified of the decision with an actual phone call- that is not standard process and it should not have occurred... More