Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Late night interview at the hospital. Appointment was scheduled a week later, each appointment was scheduled every 15 minutes from other candidates. Panel of 3, including supervisor. Friendly, comfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Junior Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview itself was very easy-going. There were a lot of scenario questions that were focused on patient interaction, confidentiality, etc. They just want to know how you would handle cerain situations and if you're a good fit for the hospital. Overall the interview had a friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if a patient's family started yelling at you suddenly?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse LDRP Post Partum (New Grad) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later for a next day late night interview with the three night shift nursing supervisors (all VERY nice). The interview took place in the supervisor's office, it was comfortable and informal. Average length, they described the position and asked a few questions - "tell me about yourself"

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time in clinical where you did something you were proud of, or a time where you made a mistake that you learned from   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was great but the meeting with HR was horrible. They aren't much help at all or at least the person I was dealing with at the time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA).

Interview

I applied in person and was interviewed at the hospital by the unit manager and charge nurse. I was asked about what shifts I could work and how often (applied for per diem position). After interview, the manager showed me around the unit, and I was introduced to a few staff members. It took about an hour altogether.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict between you and a co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Admitting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

they asked why you wanna work there, describe yourself, has clerical exam and typing test, supervisor was very casual and the exam area is at the hr, pretty much it is a good experience

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA).

Interview

I am a former employee of this institution and was hired by the past director of the E.D. back in 2006. Was very satisfied until the new management completely took over and basically did what they wanted to do. That former director was disliked by many of the registered nurses but she did more for the good of the E.D. for all her employees because she stepped up to back up her employees and the E.D. She was more real with the application of social and analytical skills, instead of just hiring and/or keeping "good" employees.

Interview Questions

• None because she realized that the formalities aren't as important in the hiring process. That's what the application or resume is for. She asked questions or the conversation during the interview was based more on who and what the potential employee really is because she knew that would result in a better employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None really because she knew I was qualified or fit for the job. She wanted to know if I was a good person, which is more important in the care and compassion of patients. Years experience dictated the salary range.

Human Resources Analyst/Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Received a call from hiring manager, she screened me and mentioned there was another opportunity in the same field and would I like to apply for that too? I thought that is very kind.

Was a 3 person panel interview.

Head of HR department spoke in a derogatory manner. After 5 minutes I knew it was a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I wanted to work there? Quizzed on do I know who the hospital is?   Answer Question

Medical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process is painless and thorough giving the applicant a sense of feeling welcomed. The HR staff is friendly and highly competent. Together with the education department, the hospital ensures that an applicant has met and fulfilled any necessary requirements for the job. You are made to feel like part of the team immediately upon being hired and support remains consistent as part of the hospital infrastructure

Interview Questions

• Why the interest in PVHMC and why an interest to work there.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center.

Interview

The hiring process is ridiculous. In fact I don't think they really have a process in place! I really don't think that the people in HR really know what they are doing. It is an act of GOD just to get a call back let alone get hired. It is a great place to work if you can get in. People in HR are rude! Your best bet is to find out who the department manager is of the department you would like to work in and blow up the email and phone with interest! HR has no clue what the department needs are and take forever to hire let alone interview. My advice is to be diligent with the department manager.

Interview Questions

• In your interview you need to sell yourself and be as professional as you can possibly be. They want to see that you can think for yourself and can handle yourself in a crisis. Do not be over competent or pompous.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For nurses not really any negotiating. There is a pay scale that was set forth by the union