Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center

2.5

Medical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process is painless and thorough giving the applicant a sense of feeling welcomed. The HR staff is friendly and highly competent. Together with the education department, the hospital ensures that an applicant has met and fulfilled any necessary requirements for the job. You are made to feel like part of the team immediately upon being hired and support remains consistent as part of the hospital infrastructure

Interview Questions

• Why the interest in PVHMC and why an interest to work there.   4 Answers

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was great but the meeting with HR was horrible. They aren't much help at all or at least the person I was dealing with at the time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Admitting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

they asked why you wanna work there, describe yourself, has clerical exam and typing test, supervisor was very casual and the exam area is at the hr, pretty much it is a good experience

Admitting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First, you get tested for basic math and English skills. After that, casual interview appointment with a supervisor. Just your typical one-on-one interview. It takes a while to finally start since you have to get medical clearance, pass a background check, etc, but that comes with any hospital job. Training is paid and is stretched out to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with different health insurance plans and running their eligibility?   Answer Question

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA).

Interview

I am a former employee of this institution and was hired by the past director of the E.D. back in 2006. Was very satisfied until the new management completely took over and basically did what they wanted to do. That former director was disliked by many of the registered nurses but she did more for the good of the E.D. for all her employees because she stepped up to back up her employees and the E.D. She was more real with the application of social and analytical skills, instead of just hiring and/or keeping "good" employees.

Interview Questions

• None because she realized that the formalities aren't as important in the hiring process. That's what the application or resume is for. She asked questions or the conversation during the interview was based more on who and what the potential employee really is because she knew that would result in a better employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None really because she knew I was qualified or fit for the job. She wanted to know if I was a good person, which is more important in the care and compassion of patients. Years experience dictated the salary range.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA).

Interview

I applied in person and was interviewed at the hospital by the unit manager and charge nurse. I was asked about what shifts I could work and how often (applied for per diem position). After interview, the manager showed me around the unit, and I was introduced to a few staff members. It took about an hour altogether.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict between you and a co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Late night interview at the hospital. Appointment was scheduled a week later, each appointment was scheduled every 15 minutes from other candidates. Panel of 3, including supervisor. Friendly, comfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Referral Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center in April 2019.

Interview

Questions were quit common, it was a good interview. I asked for a certain amount, they said that was in the budget. They did offer my the job but with 3 dollars less. I didn't take it.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Cerner?   1 Answer

ER SCRIBE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Relaxed
    asked questions about my experience working with patients
    Very nice and polite
    not intimidating whatsoever
    Staff seemed nice
    Gave a detailed description of what i would do
    The interview was quite short and lasted only 20 minutes and it was with the lead scribe and doctor. They were very nice and polite

Human Resources Analyst/Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (Pomona, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Received a call from hiring manager, she screened me and mentioned there was another opportunity in the same field and would I like to apply for that too? I thought that is very kind.

Was a 3 person panel interview.

Head of HR department spoke in a derogatory manner. After 5 minutes I knew it was a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I wanted to work there? Quizzed on do I know who the hospital is?   Answer Question