PoolCorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp (Covington, LA).

Interview

Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in a warehouse?   2 Answers

Not interested in working in the industry.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

You will be a reviving a phone call from someone from recruitment in Covington Louisiana. They will conduct a phone interview and base on successful background they will schedule you and appointment with the local warehouse.

Interview Questions

• Tell a reason why we should pick you over other candidates ?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp.

Interview

Basic behavioral based question, tell me about a time etc....It was a video interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PoolCorp (Plano, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

2 interviews. 1 phone interview, and one personal with two managers. 1 business case you needed to understand game theory, WACC analysis, Pro forma statementes. I applied online they contact me in a week

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp in May 2018.

Interview

Basic personality questions to see what your are like and how you would react in certain situations. The interview was over Skype and lasted roughly 45 minuets. None of the questions would be considered hard.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp.

Interview

I was recruited at a job fair in Orlando, FL. the recruiter took my information and about a week later I got a call back. first was a phone interview. pretty much just telling me about the position and what working for PoolCorp entailed. Willing to relocate is a requirement for the MIT fast track program. After that round, about three weeks later I went in for a formal interview with a Regional Manager in the Orlando area. after about a week, HR called and told me I got the job. two weeks later I was on a plane to Dallas, TX for training.

Interview Questions

• no one is trying to fool you in their interview. softball questions basically. they are trying to gage your communication skills and your personality. this company's biggest asset is its employees. they do not want someone who will be a cancer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me and conducted a phone screen. Questions about the company seemed to be especially emphasized. The recruiter seemed realistic and polite. A few weeks later there is a one on one interview with a district manager. Again many questions on experience and the company knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp (Covington, LA) in February 2010.

Interview

I found the company on a university posting site. I applied and was refered to an upcoming career fair. After the fair I followed up with the recruiter over the phone for 2 interviews, an additional interview with a divisional manager and finally an interview with the branch manager. The process took a while but was pretty straight forward. I wish it would have been quicker and more transparent but it got the job done. Prior to hire I took a drug screen and post hire I took a personality test. Recruiter was knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time in your life you interacted with a customer in a negative way   1 Answer

Negotiation

What negotiation?

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp (Denver, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

Generally it will be an initial phone interview with an HR recruiter followed by multiple interviews at a sales center location with either a general manager, regional manager, branch manager or sometimes both. The phone interview is your standard professional HR interview. The in person interviews are much less formal and sometimes the managers just shoot from the hip with questioning. DO NOT WEAR A TIE. Wear a polo. Suit and tie will be frowned upon.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Entrepreneurial spirit is very important.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp in December 2010.

Interview

3 Step Process
    -Phone Interview
    -In Person interview at sales center
    -Final Interview

Drug and Background checks are done as well.

Interview Questions

• When asked about examples for closing difficult accounts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not make any attempt at negotiating. I believe the offers for this position are firm.