Porch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

1. Brief interview with Recruiter.
    2. 45 minute online interview to check if I was able to handle basic programming.
    3. In depth interview at the office with 5 of the staff covering: paired programming, problem solving, data structures, and then an interview with the VP of Engineering.

This was the best interview I have had. Laid back and getting stuff done at the same time. I would tell them to start evangelizing their technique, but then it would get screwed up.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of integers, find the integer that shows up the most often.   1 Answer

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

It starts with a phone call with the recruiter usually about 20 minutes. Then 45-60 min phone screen with the head of the department. These were scheduled about 1 week apart. The onsite was scheduled the following week, it was 4 separate technical interviews, each focusing on a different topic.

The thing that made this a negative experience was, after directly asking the recruiter if there would be a technical component to the interview, he never responded. This led me to believe that it would be primarily a behavioral interview, with the chance of some technical components. What I got was a four hour technical.

Interview Questions

• Given these three samples with error bars, how can you tell if they are statistically different?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porch.

Interview

After a normal phone screen with the recruiter, was called in to the office to meet with the recruiter to talk more about the position, then had a normal walk through my experience, got interviewed by several team members and was asked a few case questions. Got scheduled another round of interviews, so I came back to the office, had 2 interviews comprised of some case questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, analytics assessment, 2nd phone interview, in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of four 45-minute interviews with various members of the analytics team, including a VP. Topics included past experiences, problem-solving, and brain teasers.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was initially screened over the phone for the position. Both the recruiter and I agreed I was a great fit for the role. A time was set for an informal 1-1 with the Design Director which also went well. It was more of a 'get to know you' kind of meeting w.out much interest expressed in my experience, etc. He had seen and like my portfolio of work and felt I was a great match. I was brought in for a round of interviews with a panel presentation of my work. I presented a case study of one of my best projects which covered the many hats I wore, and tools I used to come to my solutions and final launch. The team seemed happy but had few questions for me.

We then broke out into separate 1-1 interviews with the team. I felt they all went well, I felt I answered the questions thoroughly and I felt aligned with the team's goals.

At that point, the Director came in and started asking random and seemingly irrelevant questions. He started talking about wanting to hire a jr designer instead of a sr designer. He also couldn't tell me what I would be working on or what his vision was for the team and the product. Somewhere in the presentation process and interviews he either lost faith in himself, or me.

I wrote the next day to the recruiter and the Director to express my thanks and continued interest in the position. I never heard back from either of them. To this day, I don't know what happened but clearly they decided not to hire me.

Interview Questions

• What tools or processes do you use to work through to a design solution?   1 Answer
    • What were some of the challenges you've experienced working across disciplines (product, engineering, etc)?   1 Answer
    • How you work with Engineering teams?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

decent interview, met everyone on the the team and they were all very approachable and asked me the right questions, some overlap in describing my job/what I do but that was expected. Overall very professional and easy going but a slow response time on whether or not I was hired

Interview Questions

• What kind of jobs have you had in the past related to this one and what did it teach you?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porch in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted for about 15-20 minutes. It was mostly just reviewing qualifications and why you are interested in their company.

Interview Questions

• In the past, how have you dealt with a customer that has rejected your offer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then three in person interviews at he Seattle office.Very informal and relaxed. They will want you to know you did the research on the company so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Porch?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty straight forward - I also applied for two other positions that were listed in the phone interview notes but interviewer wouldn't discuss the other roles and said they were mainly for internal promotions. The rest of the questions were pretty standard and the interviewer seemed nice and the company looked appealing and fun, but I was deterred when they wouldn't go into the other roles. Overall the experience going through the phone interview process was good and I think their product and atmosphere is appealing.

Interview Questions

• What would make you an ideal candidate for the Account Manager role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process is a casual phone interview with someone on the HR team where they're basically just getting to know you, then they have a second interview in person as a group interview where you interview with multiple different managers within the department. No questions are too rigorous but it'd be wise to have some situational scenarios on hand.