Porch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Porch

2.6

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted the following day to set up an initial phone interview. Spoke with someone in HR early the next week and found out a few days later that I would not be moving forward in interviewing process. Somewhat strange phone interview. Started with interviewer describing how we would talk a little bit more about the role and then she would ask me questions, but she really did not talk about the role or company at all beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Asked about what made me interested in Porch, and a little bit about activities in college. Also asked more than expected about other places I was applying to.   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through an agency. They brought me in with another person and hired me on the spot. It was a Friday. I started work on Monday. This was back when they were still in boom stage. I'm not sure that it's like that anymore.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Porch.

Interview

Applied online, took about a week for phone screen. Done pretty good about phone coding. Then invited for on-site interview a week later. Four person interview process including pair programming.

Overall the interview experience was great! Had a chance to know more the product they are working on.

Account Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

First was the phone interview which was a breeze. I then met with management at the Porch office. I had an offer one week later and started the following week. It was 2 weeks from phone interview to start date. The process was very quick.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Porch and why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process here was pretty chaotic and unprofessional. After going through two phone screens and a lengthy in person interview process, I was basically ignored for almost three weeks while they continued interviewing other candidates. I get it, but it was handled in an unprofessional manner. At one point I contacted the recruiter for an update and didn't receive any response at all. I suspect that I was over qualified for the job and would have been at the top of their salary range, but the lack of professional conduct reflects poorly on the company.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted the same day as my application for an in-person interview. The first interview lasted about thirty minutes, and felt like a friendly chat while reviewing the position. I was invited back on the spot for my second interview. The second interview I met with a higher-up, and that interview also lasted for approximately thirty minutes.
    Very friendly people, and a great overall experience. I would look forward to the opportunity to interview with them again.

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

One phone interview doing small coding exercise using codehire website. After a week I got call to a on-site interview, it's about 4 hours and I talked to 4 different engineers from different teams in the company. After another week, they asked me to do another round on-site interview, which took about 3 hours.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Early employee. Very swift process and no-frills. Introduced to founder over email. Phone interview with founder. One on one interview a couple of days later with founder. 2:1 interview with another founder. Offer came same night.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA).

Interview

went to an "open house" group-style interviewing session on a Saturday. there was a tour and presentation from the vp of sales. I was pulled aside from group for interview. Overall a very open and easy interviewing process. They tried to sell their fun and energetic culture and weren't very tough when it came to interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had an employee referral from an acquaintance that I knew previously, after this I had a phone interview. I was then invited to the office in Seattle to have an in person interview this was followed by an offer several days later. Overall a very painless and easy process.

Interview Questions

• What three things would you like for a client to think of you after getting off the phone with you?   Answer Question