Porch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Porch Interview Questions

Interviews at Porch

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was incredibly awesome! They showed me around the office, invited me to see the "culture" of the company, and then sat me down to begin the interview. I spoke with three different people. First, a recruiter who asked very generic interview questions. Then, a revenue manager who asked more about my background in sales and what I wanted to get out of working at Porch. Finally, I spoke with the VP of Sales, Rod Browning. He was intense, but also very informative. The whole interview process felt very reassuring. They not only wanted to make sure I was right for the job but that I also was a good fit for the company overall. I felt right at home.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your inspiration from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Brief phone interview with recruiter, then in person with same recruiter a week later, along with two sales managers, then shadowing a sales person. I don't have a whole lot more to say but there is a 50 word minimum..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Porch?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in September 2018.

Interview

Brief introduction with a nice recruiter and then scheduled an in-person interview. Met with three different sales leaders- all had different interview techniques. One seemed more interested in talking about themselves rather than ask about me which was entertaining but also kind of odd. Then I shadowed a current employee which was great! No follow up afterwards or communication about next steps though. While I was shadowing, one of the sales leaders who interviewed me just looked at me and said "you can leave whenever you don't have to stand there the whole day." So that was a bit awkward. But overall I enjoyed my experience shadowing the employee so was excited about the opportunity. It took a lot of following up on my part to get the ball rolling on an offer- I wish they had offered more transparency on their timeline and next steps. Seemed a bit unorganized overall. I ultimately declined because the base salary was significantly less than what I got offered somewhere else- would definitely recommend taking an interview; just be persistent and direct with your questions!

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was super fast! Communication was great however the interviews were interesting. Three back to back interviews, I felt like I was getting interrogated and it really made me doubt how well I would be at the job but I'm pretty sure that was just an interview tactic to make sure I was in it to win it.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   1 Answer
    • Why porch!?
      Why now, why right now?!   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Porch (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

A lot of people interviewed me and loved me. It took about a month from apply to hire. I got to work with one of the best people of my career. Some of the most intelligent people

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a university event and gave him my resume. After that, I did an analytics test which followed a phone interview. Then they invited me for an onsite interview.

The onsite interview included three rounds. One with a current reporting analyst, one with a data scientist, another one with the hiring manager.

Senior Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Communicative recruiting process. The whole experience from introduction to offer was pretty quick because they were filling an existing role. I met with several team members I'd actually be working with, including the person I'd be replacing. The main interview was 4 hours which was great for getting all my questions answered and feeling like they also had a chance to get to know me. Afterward, the interviewers met the following day and I had an offer within 48 hours. They communicated why they liked me, what they want to see me learn at the company, and they offered me 3 different compensation packages. Impressed and super excited to start working.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview followed by a timed analytical test. After completing the analytical test, they asked me to work through one of the tests again. I was a little annoyed by this. Either you want to talk to me or not. The recruiter was very slow to respond to me throughout the process. I would wait sometimes 2 weeks to hear back on next steps. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager on Friday at 3pm...not a good time of day or week to have an interview. The hiring manager was tired and yawned during the interview. I thought that was poor form. The hiring manager was not really focused on the interview as she was thinking about her upcoming vacation.
    I didn't perform at my best in the interview and that's all on me. I followed up after the interview and never heard anything back from the recruiter. I am glad I didn't get the role. I would not have wanted to work for a company that requires so much time of a candidate and then doesn't have the courtesy and respect to provide an interview status update.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you use data to make a decision.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process started with an initial phone call for 20 minutes with a recruiter to give both of us an opportunity to ask questions. After that I got invited down for an in person interview with the recruiter I had talked with on the phone and managers on their sales team. I didn't make it past this step in the process, but you are supposed to shadow one of the sales people while they make calls for about 30 minutes or so to see if you can do the work.

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Discussed the role and my background with the HR contact, team lead and sales leader on the phone and in person. Process was quick, but received candid and thorough expectations for the role and team dynamic.

Interview Questions

• Typical background questions and examples of working with strategic clients/partners.   Answer Question