Porch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Porch Interview Questions

Interviews at Porch

2.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porch in September 2014.

Interview

Group interview. Then had an interview with individual sales managers. I felt some were very inexperienced interviewers. I had a very uneasy about the company when I left.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to work for to put in effort to make the company successful? This could mean after hours and long weeks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for the position All reps start at the same.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Porch.

Interview

Applied online. They were quick to schedule a phone interview. After that went in and did 3 group interviews. They are mainly looking for good genuine people they think work hard. Prior sales experience wasn't that important. After in person interview questions they email us three follow up questions. Got an offer within 2 days of the in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you would want a contractor to say about you after you got off the phone with them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was easy, fast, and informational. The hr person was very kind and was nice to follow up with me after job was given elsewhere. I was able to talk to a fair number of people at the company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Porch (New York, NY).

Interview

A brief phone call with a recruiter resulted in an in-person interview with a few people; first, the recruitment team, then a sales team manager, and lastly the sales VP. Was given an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What (or who) inspires you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone screen interview. I was invited in for a one on one interview. The questions started out as general questions about my background and experience. Then the questions turned into my knowledge about home improvement. I was then asked why I would be a good fit for their company and why the company would be better off if they hired me? I answered everything to the best of my ability. After a few days I was contacted with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Asked my sales experience and background in sales. Also asked why I thought i was a good fit for this job and their company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating at all. Porch does not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview - Face 2 Face Interview - Call Monitoring - Final Essay -Then they make a decision if they want to hire you or not. They usually have you interview with 2 managers and I believe based on my experience whichever manager likes you is the team you end up on to start.

Interview Questions

• Why Do You Want to work Here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process involves being recruited off of Linked In or referal. The initial call explains the position and seeing if you are are good fit to come in for an in person interview. Once you pass you are asked to come in and meet with the floor and team manager you will be under. They really want to make sure you have the drive to sell and are a fit in the "culture"

Interview Questions

• What previous sales experience do you have? What are you looking for in a job? What are your strengths? Do you prefer to work individually or on a team? What is one thing you want to improve or work on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porch.

Interview

I received my interview through a third party, called CampusPoint. There were 13 of us being interviewed on one day for an amount of positions that was not clear to us beforehand. There were three people conducting the group interviews. Porch has a very different feel than most businesses, in that when you walk in, there is no front desk person there to greet you and that it is a large call-center. Hardly anyone has their own office or cubicle. There were just rows and rows of long desks where employees were standing or sitting on the phone. They took us in threes for interviews. All of our interviewers were very new to the company. They were all pleasant, smart, young adults.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake in your customer service position.   Answer Question

Homeowner Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, in person interview; friendly and engaging. Greeted me, walked me around the office and explained the different departments then we went into a meeting room for the interview which was very low pressure and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a situation where you disappointed a client.   Answer Question

Sale Specialist Mid Level Market Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Meet them at UW job fair, then they had their company recruiter contact me on Linknkin and then by phone for 3 times, then spent the day meeting potential teammates, and managers and your asked the usual behavioral questions.