Porch Local Market Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Porch Local Market Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Porch

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Wonderful experience that was expedited due to the fact that it is a start up looking to grow. I had my initial interview Wednesday, second interview Thursday, and offer letter by Friday. The management team was involved and did a great job at laying out what was expected. Overall, a laid back interview process that did not feel inquisitory, and was more about me and my goals, and how I fit into the company culture.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you expect to encounter while working for a startup?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer letter was sent and received. I accepted and understood the terms well.

Other Interview Reviews for Porch

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Meet with the recruiter and I was on the job in a week. Had a friend refer me and the process was quick. Did not ask for references or any type of background check.

Interview Questions

• It was really an easy interview as I was recommended by a friend who works at Porch/   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was take it or leave it.

Local Market Specialist Interview

Interview

Interesting group interview format. Strong emphasis on non-competition so that was nice but wasn't warned about the format ahead of time. Mixed bag in that sense, but the staff was friendly, provided a good overview of the company, the management was all present, etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was especially hard -- standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Local Market Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porch.

Interview

Quick and painless. The recruiting/HR team is moving as quickly as they can to get people on board, so the process can feel hectic. I had a group interview in a five person group and then a one on one interview before receiving an offer. The environment is casual and everyone in the large open office seemed happy to help out a white-eyed interviewee.

Interview Questions

I found my highest value use at another company.

Local Market Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Porch in August 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview, then two hour interview with several Porch employees. It's a really cool company, and the people working there are very driven which showed during the interview. They're looking for people to join in a movement!

Local Market Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porch in September 2014.

Interview

Group interview. Then had an interview with individual sales managers. I felt some were very inexperienced interviewers. I had a very uneasy about the company when I left.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to work for to put in effort to make the company successful? This could mean after hours and long weeks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for the position All reps start at the same.

Local Market Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Porch.

Interview

Applied online. They were quick to schedule a phone interview. After that went in and did 3 group interviews. They are mainly looking for good genuine people they think work hard. Prior sales experience wasn't that important. After in person interview questions they email us three follow up questions. Got an offer within 2 days of the in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you would want a contractor to say about you after you got off the phone with them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was easy, fast, and informational. The hr person was very kind and was nice to follow up with me after job was given elsewhere. I was able to talk to a fair number of people at the company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Porch (New York, NY).

Interview

A brief phone call with a recruiter resulted in an in-person interview with a few people; first, the recruitment team, then a sales team manager, and lastly the sales VP. Was given an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What (or who) inspires you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Porch (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone screen interview. I was invited in for a one on one interview. The questions started out as general questions about my background and experience. Then the questions turned into my knowledge about home improvement. I was then asked why I would be a good fit for their company and why the company would be better off if they hired me? I answered everything to the best of my ability. After a few days I was contacted with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Asked my sales experience and background in sales. Also asked why I thought i was a good fit for this job and their company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating at all. Porch does not negotiate.