Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.9

Associate Engineer Interview

Interview

Got information through college career fair. Then applied online and was contacted for phone screeening. A few weeks later, got a call to come in for an interview at their New Jersey office. The interview had two interviewers who were both structural engineers. Interview itself was not hard, you just had to be yourself

Economic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process was in depth and rigorous and the agency relied on personal connections and recommendations to further ensure it would be a good fit between employee and employer.

Interview Questions

• The team asked me a challenge question, similar to a case challenge one might be asked when interviewing with a consulting form.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Interview

Asked technical and behavioral questions. Very easy questions if you are prepared. If they wanted you, they would e-mail you for your confirmation. You would then be required to come in for a medical screening.

Fall Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy and straight forward. Not too much eye contact, just questions being asked. Typical interview questions. Show honesty and you will be fine. They do not like over confident people. They wish to hire someone they know will learn different disciplines instead of just your specific major.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were in a group conflict and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Airport Operations Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Interview

They asked you to write a 300 word essay describing "how you display leadership in your community or organization" and to submit that along with your cover letter. The next step was a phone screen, then a qualitative interview. I got passed the phone screen, but was not selected for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about specific training and/or work experience you have had to prepare you for this job.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

This is the most unorganized Company. I went for the interview my name wasn't in the system, so it was one hell of a problem to get upstairs, not only that you couldn't get a hold of someone to even put you in the system or whatever. On the other hand, they running around to get someone to interview me for the position with the Supervisor of the department I was interview for. To top it off that's after reschedule me twice for the interview. why these company wasting time with people... precious time at that when people missing work to go on these interviews, spending transportation money just to go close to hells gate. I believe if you already have your cousin for the job or friends don't waste people time or at least be more organized... a bunch of dunce I must say!!

Interview Questions

• Who verse are you in accounting software SAP   1 Answer
    • How would you describe yourself working I a team,   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my university. After 2 months I got an email about a phone interview for the position I applied for. I got a phone call from someone in the accounting department and they asked me a few behavioral questions, and excel questions. I never heard back from them so I emailed the person who interviewed me to follow up (just to be polite, I had already accepted another internship). He told me someone from HR would get back to me and he appreciated me following up. I never heard from HR.

Interview Questions

• How to insert Data tables in excel   1 Answer

Engineer, Construction Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (New York, NY).

Interview

Long questions, multi questions within questions, there's a 3-4 person panel, every question must be asked, it's important to answer the question and not to dance around it, the interviewers all take notes and rate you, they are looking for people that fit in, not necessarily the best engineer, practice being articulate and making good eye contact, it helps when you use real life job experiences, it helps if you've done an internship with PANYNJ

Interview Questions

• Cannot provide interview questions, against company policy   Answer Question

Aviation Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I had applied through my college. Received a phone interview a few weeks after. Once the interview process was over i had been given the position. They asked me when was my availability to come in for a background check and get a feel of the space i will be working in. This was a fairly easy interview process, mainly scenario based and what you have learned in school and at previous jobs. Overall it was a good interview

Interview Questions

• why the PA?
      what classes have you taken that are AV related?
      Answer Question

Summe Interview

Interview

Started off just applying online through their application portal in January. Received a call for an interview in early March. Interviewed at the Jersey City Technical Center in mid March. This interview was conducted by the Construction Management department. The interviewers were people in the department, who took notes and passed it on to the rest of the department. I was then contacted by the hiring official about two weeks later with to meet, and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What courses are you taking/have taken that will help you with this internship(construction management).   Answer Question
    • What made you choose an internship here as opposed to a private company?   Answer Question
    • How would your previous work experience help you with this internship?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They pay based on your year in college/college credits. Very good pay however.