Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.8

Staff Auditor Interview

Interview

The interview process was quick. Took about a month to hear back for a in person interview after I️ applied. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral questions with one technical question. I️ received the offer 3 days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you’ve dealt with a difficult teammate and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Engineering Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (New York, NY).

Interview

Process was slow usually a most they would reply three months after you have applied. Had two interviews with different departments. Overall it was a great interview process and great learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a difficult decision that could affect your departmental goals.   Answer Question

Engineering Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Interview

Easy interview about general personal questions, no technical questions. Warned about a drug test, but never happened. Once I got the interview, it seemed like I had the job, and did.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I had applied online and received an invitation for the interview within a week. The interviewers were very courteous and it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Interview

The interview was very professional. Started with a few questions related to knowledge learned in my coursework. Moved on to standard behavioral questions and questions about past experience. The interviewers made me feel comfortable throughout the process. They did also did excellent job of describing the position and highlighting the key aspects of the job. I was genuinely shocked when I received a rejection letter, as I thought that I had a really good interview. I also had previously interned there, which took me even more by surprise. Regardless, the process was a very positive experience and I was pleased to have the opportunity. I did not realize until making it to the interview that they were only hiring one person for each department.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe A Refrigeration Cycle (And draw a T-S Diagram)?   Answer Question
    • Can you list the four laws of Thermodynamics?   Answer Question
    • A time when you had a conflict with a coworker, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What did you enjoy most about interning here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Interview

The process was quite straight forward, questions were mostly situational ones. Easy for work experience people to answer them but not difficult for freshers as well. Prepare for situational questions.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Online submission and phone call interview. They asked a total of seven predetermined questions that all interns are asked when interviewing for the job. They then tell you that HR will be contacting you in a week to let you know if you did or did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• What is my interest in the organization and how will my background help me contribute to the organization   Answer Question

Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call to set up in-person interview 3 weeks after applying. Interviewed with two senior level personnel. Answered six interview questions that were off a prepared list of questions. The interview questions were straightforward and were generally asked to establish the interviewee's level of technical knowledge and experience level.

Interview Questions

• Name a project you have managed from start to finish and your responsibilities while managing?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you possess that make you a perfect candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in mid February and was contacted in mid march. Interview was conducted by 3 managers and each read from a set list of questions. STAR method questions mainly, and they ask for definitions of a few terms. There are no tell me about yourself, greatest strength, traditional questions.

SummerProcurement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the general (not department-specific) internship in February and received an email from the Procurement Department in late March.

I arrived at 4 WTC and had to wait for about 10-15 minutes to get building access because my name was not submitted into the security/appointment system.

Interviewed for about 30 minutes, was told I would hear back in mid-April. Did not hear back by late April so I called the Procurement Department and was told I would hear directly from HR in another 1-2 weeks because they are behind schedule. I am still waiting -- very frustrating!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Port Authority and what does public service mean to you?   Answer Question