Port of Houston Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Port of Houston Authority

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port of Houston Authority (South Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied one month, interviewed the next, and by the month after that, there still wasn't a response. All I know is that I am a still a candidate.

Interview Questions

• After describing the position details, "Does this sound like something you are familiar with?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Port of Houston Authority (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a skype interview where they asked questions. After this it took Port of Houston Authorit about 2 weeks to get back to me to inform me that I had attained the position for the Summer of 2017

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Port of Houston Authority (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

fair question standard interview however i did not fit there criteria. they wanted more experienced student. they wanted someone who had finished college. they brought me to there houston office and upstair they had the audit manager and complaince manager that conducted my interview. after 30 mins they asked more and more detailed question about my previous employeemnent moving on to my ability to work

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself

why should we hire you

why audit?

tell me about the audit process   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Port of Houston Authority (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Hated the online app as it is too impersonal. applied on-line but also had a friend who works their pass on my resume to the person who would be the decision maker in the interviewing processdetailed
    Need to have good grasp of port background, facilities, major issues, what the port's purpose is
    Understand importance of port to national economy

Interview Questions

• What is SINGLE most important thing you have learned at each of your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Administrative Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port of Houston Authority.

Interview

Panel interview with one other administrative specialist. I did not get a very good vibe about the atmosphere. It seemed very dark and gloomy. I never received correspondence.

Interview Questions

• Very basic non detailed questions   1 Answer

Secretary/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seabrook, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Port of Houston Authority (Seabrook, TX).

Interview

The interview was great. Very relaxed and easy conversation.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Port of Houston Authority in March 2008.

Interview

It was a fairly good interview