KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Port of Seattle Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 39 of over 39 interviews

Recruiter6%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Port of Seattle

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Port of Seattle

Interview

This was literally the worst interview I’ve ever had, mainly due to their process. The person that lead the interview (not the hiring manager, but the recruiter), has an extremely heavy accent that is almost hard to understand, and the rest of three folks on the call barely said a word. They said nothing about the position or duties, but instead asked generalized questions. Was so odd, I didn’t even know what to do with myself. Definitely an organization I would not want to be a part of.

Interview Questions
  • They actually asked if I knew what a w2 is. I mean, who creates these questions??
    Answer Question

Port of Seattle

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Port of Seattle

Interview

Bert nice people that were willing to help and get me to where I need to be. Be prepared to ask questions about experience that you can bring to the table.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Port of Seattle

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Port of Seattle

Interview

Was identified by an HR recruiter about a month after applying online. After first contact set up a zoom meeting due to covid took about a week. 4 panel teleconference with foreman, manger, technician, and HR rep. Everyone was real professional, however I do get the good old boys vibe for this department, I'll put it this way OWM. Given the very high wage for the position, I expect that is what the technicians here are protecting. Most questions were computer science based not electronics or electrical, I have over 20 years in the field. Interviewed two different times for this position with no offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Port of Seattle

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Port of Seattle in May 2019

Interview

I got an email setting up a phone screen and after the phone screen I got offered an on-site interview, where it was a panel with about 12 questions total.

Interview Questions
  • What is the command to perform an update to the policies applied to a computer?

Port of Seattle

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Port of Seattle

Interview

Applied for position. Received call to interview via Skype. At interview time, HR used Skype and had me use phone for audio which was really poor and made it difficult to talk. Questions asked were not related to the actual position and the interview was super boring and sterile. Interview raised red flags for sure.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Port of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in Feb 2019

Interview

Phone screen from recruiter shortly after application, and setup onsite interview in same call. Onsite scheduled later that week. Panel interview with hiring manager, recruiter, and lead analyst. Mostly behavioral questions and explaining past experience. After panel interview was given SQL skills test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

I interviewed at Port of Seattle (SeaTac, WA)

Interview

The whole process is very vague and unprofessional. HR firstly gave a phone call screening and set a date for on-site interview. However, several days later, they just sent the email which said that they do not move forward. The way they treat candidates make people do not want to further apply for any other positions of Port of Seattle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Port of Seattle (SeaTac, WA) in Jan 2019

Interview

Panel of 6 employees that were of different departments with a list of 10 premade questions asked by the HR. Panel took notes as I answered and gave time for questions at the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Port of Seattle (New York, NY) in Jan 2019

Interview

The initial interview was via an unexpected phone call so the communication was all one way, at first. The next interview was to be in-person and I should expect a call on the following Friday that did not come, but it was right before the holiday so it was not that big of an issue. Once the holiday was over, I received a call about coming in for a face-to-face interview. The questions they asked were read off of a laminated sheet and were pretty much the same as you would find on most interview prep sites. Two out of three of the interviewers were pleasant to deal with. I never did get any sort of indication about the hiring status. Based on other people's experience having gotten a notification, I'm not sure what to make of it.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time when you've had to convince someone that you're point of view is correct (I'm paraphrasing)

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Port of Seattle (Seattle, WA)

Interview

30 minute interview, basic questions from a 4 person panel. One person was my future boss, one was from HR, one was a higher up, and one was a member of the PM team.

Interview Questions
  • How have your previous experiences prepared you for this job?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Interviews

Port of Seattle Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Port of Seattle as 70.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.92 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Administrative Assistant and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Manager and Internship roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Port of Seattle takes an average of 27 days when considering 47 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Project Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 21 days), whereas Administrative Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 37 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Port of Seattle according to 47 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 46.67%