Port of Seattle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port of Seattle (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

First they asked me 2 non-technical questions, then 3 technical questions. After that introduced interview process. There were 2 people over the telephone, one hr and one hiring manager. I asked them about the clearance issue.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port of Seattle.

Interview

Panel interview with 5 panel members. Interview lasted less than an hour. Questions printed on a sheet so you could follow along. Questions less focused on previous experience, more focused on how candidate works with others, problem solving abilities, etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a boss that was micro-manager? If so, how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port of Seattle (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone screened with Port of Seattle strategy and planning staff leadership for planning manager position. Interviewers called 15 minutes later than planned for a 30 minute screen, were clearly in a rush, wouldn't accommodate interviewee's schedule, and didn't allow an opportunity for a different interview date/time. Questions were routine, otherwise.

Interview Questions

• - How in the past have you resolved conflict with people who were not direct reports but whose contributions were required for your work?
      - Have you read the port long-term plan?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position in May 2017. Had a basic phone screening and then a follow up interview with the hiring manager. Then I went to the corporate headquarters for a group interview. Was told I was going to hear something within the next few days. I've yet to hear anything.

Interview Questions

• Basic software engineering questions. A few personality questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port of Seattle (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First they described the work that an intern would be doing. Then they had a set of 7-11 questions that 2-4 people asked. Each interviewer took notes on each question answer. At the end they let me ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Port of Seattle.   1 Answer

Veteran Fellow-Health and Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port of Seattle (SeaTac, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

HR assistant called day after job posting closed to schedule interview for next day. Sat in with two people, HR lead and responsible for the Veterans Fellowship program and the Health and Safety Manager. Allotted time was 45 min. Panel had 9 questions alternating who asked and provided additional context throughout. They were required to write my answers down. Prior fellow informed me to ensure to use the STAR method when answering. Very comfortable and relaxed forum. HR lead stated I would get email notification of decision within one week. Manager stated I would primarily work in SEATAC and deal with occupational safety.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the Veterans Fellowship and what experience does you possess related to the position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagree with your employer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you dealt with lock out tag out and confined spaces.   Answer Question
    • What is the most creative solution you have developed? Which Microsoft product are you familiar with and how often do you use them and for what?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have maintain safety in previous experience. What do you hope to get out of this position when it concludes?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Port of Seattle.

Interview

I applied for the job through the online portal and got a call asking for an interview a few days after the closing date for the position. Since I was away at school, they offered to do a skype interview with me. 5 minutes before the interview, they sent me the list of questions they were going to ask. I interviewed with 3 people from their audit department and the HR recruiter. I got a call back with an offer 2 days later.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Port of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Point and direct questions. Was interview by 4 people which felt a bit overkill to me. Regardless all the interviewers were friendly but were serious and not very responsive.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Port of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two members of the team I would be working with and the head of human resources. The questions they asked me were fairly straightforward like what I was hoping to learn in the position and what I wanted to be doing five years down the road.

Interview Questions

• How would I compensate for my lack of technical skills?   Answer Question

Aviation Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Port of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, was called a few weeks later by HR, and then did an interview two weeks later at Sea-Tac. The application was easy, and did not take long. You will have to pass a background check, so that you can get security clearances. My interview consisted of a manager and HR person. The interview lasted 30-45 minutes. They were very friendly in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker, and how you resolved the conflict.   Answer Question
    • Do you have your private pilot's license?   Answer Question
    • Define landslide, terminal, and airfield. What is the primary challenge in each area?   Answer Question
    • Describe your knowledge of aviation.   Answer Question