Porter Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Porter Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Porter Airlines in September 2014.

Interview

After completing the application form I was instructed to take an a written and automated video interview. They were okay, the questions were pretty standard (Why Porter, tell us about a time that...), but the process seemed a little impersonal. I have not heard back, I'm not sure the videos have been reviewed yet.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, but the process of talking into a camera and not having anyone else there is hard to get used to.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Porter Airlines (Newark, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Good the Manager as well as people from Canada will do an interview with you and question you about your skills and background. They will make sure you can handle pressure and able to deal with airport hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Porter Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I first completed a job application online. Then I was contacted to complete a video interview where they asked my questions and I had to record my answers. About 2 weeks later I was asked to come into their office to interview in person. I was told I would hear back in 2 weeks or less for either a 2nd in person interview or not. I was contacted 2 days later to come in for the 2nd interview and now I am waiting to hear if I received the position or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you didn't have all of the tools you needed to be successful and how you approached the situation to complete the task.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a colleagues and what you did to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Porter Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

After submitting the online application, you're put in a sort of "online interview" where you're asked questions and then recorded via webcam or app on phone your answers. Which was great!
    A week later I was emailed to come in for an interview, which took about 45 minutes being interviewed by two people.
    After about five days I was called for a second interview with even more people interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you helped a coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Porter Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Online short answer, followed by video interview. Then invited to face to face interview with 2 purser flight attendants, and if they still were interested in you, they move you to a board room to wait for another interview with 3 more people HR, People, and inflight supervisor. I was told I would know either way by phone or email in a week or two. My interview was June 10th, and I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't have the resources to do a job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Porter Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed.ca! You submit your resume, and answer a few questions. After a few days I got an invitation to do a video interview! If they like from the video interview you do a face to face with two people in a room. It took about a month total.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Porter Airlines.

Interview

Very poor experience with their hiring process. If their hiring process reflects their company culture, run away now. Initially applied for the job via online form. Input salary expectations and only received a phone interview through a connection in the company as my salary expectation was apparently too high to even receive a call. Initial phone interview was very lengthy with ridiculous situational questions you would only be able to answer if you had experience in their office environment already. The following week I received a phone call which showed up without details and I never answer those numbers as they are usually folks asking to complete surveys and if the call is important, most people leave a message asking for a call back. I did not receive a phone message but something in my gut told me to call the number back. When I did, I found out it was Porter's 'HR talent recruiter' and he told me they wanted me to come in the following day and only gave me one time to come in to interview. Having a full time job already this posed a difficult situation for me and I had to ask if there were any other times available. He said I could come in the morning at 8:30am rather than the original 2pm available time. I accepted and then received an email confirmation from him with my name spelled incorrectly as well as other words in the email misspelled. The email said I would be meeting with the marketing director. I went to the interview the following morning and was brought into a room with the marketing director who then told me I would also be meeting the HR rep, additional people from the team and would have to write an editing test (would have been great to know all of this in the email confirmation). The questions again were vague and situational. Then entered the HR rep who had called and sent me misspelled email communications. He was pushy, talked over me and interrupted me multiple times and did not bring up any important details about what it is like to work for the company or discuss salary expectations or timelines. He left and 2 other quite lovely people entered the room which I was informed would be the individuals I would be working closely with (copywriter and marketing coordinator). Our time was cut very short and we did not have the opportunity to discuss much when the marketing director came back in with the editing test I was told would need to be complete in the next 10 mins as the room was going to be needed. Everyone left and I attempted to complete this editing test, the contents of which had nothing to do with Porter or the job (it seemed as though someone had googled writing test and printed it off for me). 2 gentlemen then came into the room and apologized and said they needed the room, so I exited and waiting outside of the room standing there with my coat and purse and this writing test which I didn't even really have the opportunity to complete. Finally the marketing director returned and took the test and shook my hand and I was on my way. No discussion on when I could expect a follow up (which I have not received so I assume I've not been offered the job). The overall experience was exceptionally poor and unprofessional. From the questions asked of me it seems as though they need/want to hire a project MANAGER but will only call the position a project coordinator and provide very low pay for it even though the responsibilities seemed to reflect that of a PM role. I would have declined an offer from them simply based on this experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were faced with an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Porter Airlines.

Interview

Very professional interview process.
    Applied online and was directly brought to a page to answer online interview questions - very basic questions. Following this, I received an email asking for an online interview to be completed within 24 hours. The questions here were much more situational and you were given one minute to prepare your answer, then responded into your webcam. After this, I received an email asking me to come down for an in person interview with 2 people asking questions. Successful candidates were then brought into a room to wait for the second round where 3 people interviewed you.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you didn't have the resources needed to complete a task - how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a conflict with a fellow coworker - how did you deal with it?   2 Answers

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porter Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online
    Digital interview invitation on the same day
    Received email for phone interview

Behavioural questions and to share experiences.
    Interviewers were very nice.

Tell us a time when you did not have enough resources to complete the task and what you did.

How would you deal if.......

Why porter?

To compare to competitors, what is unique and brand tone about us?

Customer Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porter Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process was comprised of an online interview. I was sent an invitation to video record the answers to the questions that were provided. I then went in for a secondary interview (in person). Many of the questions were behaviour based with a role-playing part.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?
      Describe a time you went above and beyond in providing customer service.
      Describe yourself in five words.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You aren't able to negotiate any terms. It is a basic entry level position. They let you know how much you will be paid and that's it.