Porter Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Porter Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Porter Airlines in September 2014.

Interview

After completing the application form I was instructed to take an a written and automated video interview. They were okay, the questions were pretty standard (Why Porter, tell us about a time that...), but the process seemed a little impersonal. I have not heard back, I'm not sure the videos have been reviewed yet.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, but the process of talking into a camera and not having anyone else there is hard to get used to.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Porter Airlines (Newark, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Good the Manager as well as people from Canada will do an interview with you and question you about your skills and background. They will make sure you can handle pressure and able to deal with airport hours.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Porter Airlines.

Interview

Very poor experience with their hiring process. If their hiring process reflects their company culture, run away now. Initially applied for the job via online form. Input salary expectations and only received a phone interview through a connection in the company as my salary expectation was apparently too high to even receive a call. Initial phone interview was very lengthy with ridiculous situational questions you would only be able to answer if you had experience in their office environment already. The following week I received a phone call which showed up without details and I never answer those numbers as they are usually folks asking to complete surveys and if the call is important, most people leave a message asking for a call back. I did not receive a phone message but something in my gut told me to call the number back. When I did, I found out it was Porter's 'HR talent recruiter' and he told me they wanted me to come in the following day and only gave me one time to come in to interview. Having a full time job already this posed a difficult situation for me and I had to ask if there were any other times available. He said I could come in the morning at 8:30am rather than the original 2pm available time. I accepted and then received an email confirmation from him with my name spelled incorrectly as well as other words in the email misspelled. The email said I would be meeting with the marketing director. I went to the interview the following morning and was brought into a room with the marketing director who then told me I would also be meeting the HR rep, additional people from the team and would have to write an editing test (would have been great to know all of this in the email confirmation). The questions again were vague and situational. Then entered the HR rep who had called and sent me misspelled email communications. He was pushy, talked over me and interrupted me multiple times and did not bring up any important details about what it is like to work for the company or discuss salary expectations or timelines. He left and 2 other quite lovely people entered the room which I was informed would be the individuals I would be working closely with (copywriter and marketing coordinator). Our time was cut very short and we did not have the opportunity to discuss much when the marketing director came back in with the editing test I was told would need to be complete in the next 10 mins as the room was going to be needed. Everyone left and I attempted to complete this editing test, the contents of which had nothing to do with Porter or the job (it seemed as though someone had googled writing test and printed it off for me). 2 gentlemen then came into the room and apologized and said they needed the room, so I exited and waiting outside of the room standing there with my coat and purse and this writing test which I didn't even really have the opportunity to complete. Finally the marketing director returned and took the test and shook my hand and I was on my way. No discussion on when I could expect a follow up (which I have not received so I assume I've not been offered the job). The overall experience was exceptionally poor and unprofessional. From the questions asked of me it seems as though they need/want to hire a project MANAGER but will only call the position a project coordinator and provide very low pay for it even though the responsibilities seemed to reflect that of a PM role. I would have declined an offer from them simply based on this experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were faced with an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Porter Airlines.

Interview

Very professional interview process.
    Applied online and was directly brought to a page to answer online interview questions - very basic questions. Following this, I received an email asking for an online interview to be completed within 24 hours. The questions here were much more situational and you were given one minute to prepare your answer, then responded into your webcam. After this, I received an email asking me to come down for an in person interview with 2 people asking questions. Successful candidates were then brought into a room to wait for the second round where 3 people interviewed you.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you didn't have the resources needed to complete a task - how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a conflict with a fellow coworker - how did you deal with it?   2 Answers

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porter Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online
    Digital interview invitation on the same day
    Received email for phone interview

Behavioural questions and to share experiences.
    Interviewers were very nice.

Tell us a time when you did not have enough resources to complete the task and what you did.

How would you deal if.......

Why porter?

To compare to competitors, what is unique and brand tone about us?

Customer Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porter Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process was comprised of an online interview. I was sent an invitation to video record the answers to the questions that were provided. I then went in for a secondary interview (in person). Many of the questions were behaviour based with a role-playing part.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?
      Describe a time you went above and beyond in providing customer service.
      Describe yourself in five words.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

You aren't able to negotiate any terms. It is a basic entry level position. They let you know how much you will be paid and that's it.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Porter Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I saw the job posted on Indeed and applied online, had a phone interview and a two part in person interview at their offices. Overall great impression of the company!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and your team were under a lot of pressure and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Porter Airlines.

Interview

Exceptionally unprofessional.

Started off with receiving an invitation to an online interview consisting of a written portion and a video portion. The written portion consisted of 3 questions. The video portion consisted of 2 questions for which you have 30 secs to prepare and then a limited amount of time to answer (usually 2-4 min. There is no re-recording. Written portion was regarding technical abilities and examples. Video portion was standard behavioral questions.

3-4 weeks had passed when I received an email to schedule an in person interview with an online schedule to choose a suitable time. Only options were 2 time slots the very next day with a note that no other ones are available and if this didn't work, they would have to continue their process without my application. I had picked a slot later in the afternoon and took the day off from work to prepare. Just as I was about to leave for my interview (an hour before the actual interview), I received an email saying that the meeting will have to be cancelled and asking if the following day was possible or to offer alternatives. I responded and provided alternatives (including the following day that was requested), to which I did not receive a response. Two weeks after I receive a reply to reschedule my interview for some of the upcoming days. I declined. If that's how unprofessional new prospects are being treated I can only imagine how current employees are being treated. Huge red flag.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Porter Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview is phone interview - pretty standard behavioural. Second in-person, behavioural again - no technical. I reached out several times after the in-person, and did not hear back from anyone

Analyst, Sales Reporting Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Porter Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was asked to complete a digital interview instantly. There were 3 descriptive questions and two video response questions. As I answer each question, then comes the next one. I have spent long hours in preparing the descriptive answers, however, didn't get any return afterward. They didn't inform me about the outcome of the interview, which I feel is very unprofessional approach these days.

Interview Questions

• From your perspective, which qualities must an Analyst possess to be successful in this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about the most complex project you've used Microsoft Excel for, be as detailed as possible as it relates to the functions used and your purpose for using them.   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a challenging big data project that you have worked on?   Answer Question
    • Video: What additional skills you will bring it in other than the core skills to Porter Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Video: Why do you want to work for Porter Airlines?   Answer Question