Portfolio Recovery Account Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Portfolio Recovery Account Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Hampton, VA).

Interview

Quick, general questions, sometimes more than 1 interview, with operations managers vs human resources, pre judged by appearance, no structure, long wait time, sometimes forget they are scheduled for interviews, very messy and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that is refusing payment arrangements.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Outside new hires have the ability to negotiate based on experience

Other Interview Reviews for Portfolio Recovery

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Memphis, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Testing, interview with HR, interview with department manager. They said they would get back with me if they had an offer. They called me within two days. It was a brief and pleasant interview with two department managers.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

Interview

Applied online and then a phone interview about the position. The recruiter scheduled an appointment to do the phone interview and then forgot about the appointment. Called me back at the end of the day and left a message wanting to reschedule. After the phone interview I had to go to a open house for the job. It was basically a presentation about the company. Then I was scheduled for a interview at the job site. Again the interview was normal. They wanted me to do a online test...however the system was down.

Interview Questions

• The questions interview are scripted and pretty standard.   Answer Question

The company made me a offer however it was significantly less than what was discussed throughout the (lengthy) process so I had to decline it.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Birmingham, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

meet with operations manager and answer typical interview questions. if selected you will receive a call from hiring recruiter to further the process and make offer. If you accept the offer, they send you to take drug test & ask what schedule you are seeking to fit your personal needs. training started 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• how do you feel when a customer is outraged and upset?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i didnt negotiate. I was satisfied with offer and considering the fact there is uncapped bonuses.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Birmingham, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process went great.I actually gained some important knowledge. The manager that interviewed me was very professional and straight to the point. She also made me very comfortable versus being nervous. One thing I do recommend is that you take your time and don't be nervous while they are conducting your interview. Even if you've never been a debt collector before act confident because they will roll play with you.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

Interview

Go to an open house session , take test on the computer with the code i think it is using kenexa software it is a skills test and typing test , phone interview , and then in person interview , accept offer or dny offer on the internet, drug test and background screening. training and then you hit the floor.... they start at $ 9 to $ 12 base pay

Interview Questions

Negotiation

didnt negotiate but should have due to stress of the job

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day by an hr recruiter. I was invited to an informational about the company and what they do. I was sent a online assessment which was simple word,excel,etc. I then had a one on one interview. I was contacted an hour after my interview saying I was hired and asked when I could take my drug test.

Interview Questions

• Very typical questions. I had a great interviewer , he made it felt more like a conversation. Why should I hire you over the other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery in July 2012.

Interview

You apply online and go through a series of pretty basic questions. If they like what you submitted then you will get a phone call do to a phone interview. basic questions. (name a time when a customer was yelling and how you turned it around) Once you pass phone interview you will get an email for a drug screening. if you pass that, then they will invite you in for a face to face interview. Basic questions again. Name a time someone owed you money, what did you say that to that person to get them to pay

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery in December 2011.

Interview

After you fill out an application they will invite you to an open house. While you are there you are mainly on the computers because they want to see how well you can type. They also play phone recordings where you have to enter what they say onto the computer. If you meet their expectations they will call you for a phone interview and if you get past that they will set up an in person interview with two members of management. About a week later I got a call with a job offer. Be sure to dress very professionally for the open house and the job interview!!

Interview Questions

• You call Mr. Customer who says he cannot pay off his debt because he is currently unemployed. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. They pay what they pay and if you don't like that then they can have someone in your place the same day!

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Jackson, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview is not difficult general questions about how you would react to certain situations. Only one interview after you are called need to pass drug and background check to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Asked question about how I would relate to a person who hadn't paid a company held account in six months.   1 Answer