Portfolio Recovery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.5

Legal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Got an email the next day after sending my resume to randstad and did phone interview the same day. About a week later got a phone call to do face to face. After face to face was told I would hear something in a few days but got hired before I could pull into my driveway. Mgt didn't really care about experience because they train

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Hampton, VA).

Interview

Quick, general questions, sometimes more than 1 interview, with operations managers vs human resources, pre judged by appearance, no structure, long wait time, sometimes forget they are scheduled for interviews, very messy and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that is refusing payment arrangements.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Outside new hires have the ability to negotiate based on experience

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Memphis, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Testing, interview with HR, interview with department manager. They said they would get back with me if they had an offer. They called me within two days. It was a brief and pleasant interview with two department managers.

Legal Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I got a call from the temp. agency they contract with named Randstad. I had 5 to 10 minute interview with the managers. I got a call back in 3 days and started the following week. Depending on the position and the company budget the average time for a temp. employee is 8 months to a year to become permanent. After the interview I felt the managers were very desperate to fill a position.

Litigation Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

Interview

The interview process is done in multiple levels. Meet with manager. Then meet with that person's manager, then move up the line. Even though it is multiple interviews the hiring process is fairly quick.

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied through Randstad - workplace was anonymous at that stage. Had a phone interview, and then an in person interview. They weren't really looking for any experience/education as they train you on the job.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

Interview

interviewed with 3 managers, the interview questions were straight forward. I believe it is important to research the company beforehand. The process was about an hour or so and was average, not too difficult.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

Interview

Applied online and then a phone interview about the position. The recruiter scheduled an appointment to do the phone interview and then forgot about the appointment. Called me back at the end of the day and left a message wanting to reschedule. After the phone interview I had to go to a open house for the job. It was basically a presentation about the company. Then I was scheduled for a interview at the job site. Again the interview was normal. They wanted me to do a online test...however the system was down.

Interview Questions

• The questions interview are scripted and pretty standard.   Answer Question

The company made me a offer however it was significantly less than what was discussed throughout the (lengthy) process so I had to decline it.

Legal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Norfolk, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very comfortable and relaxed. Was interviewed with Temp Agency Rep and the Supervisor I would be working for. Make sure you dress professionally and bring several copies of your resume with you. If selected be prepared for a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Debt Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Hampton, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Easy interview. Asked general questions. As long as you have personality, drive and confidence you will get hired. Its debt collection so have to be good at sales. Numbers and metrics are everything. They want to see you motivated too. a real go getter.