Portillo's Restaurant Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Portillo's Restaurant Group

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group (Oak Lawn, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Two interviews, great and brief questions. On the second interview I was hired on the spot. First great job for all my fellow teenagers. It went really swell. You must know a basic little history of portillos, smile and show off your intelligence.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from them ( took 3 days) inviting me for an interview. I came there and ask for the manager but they were in the meeting so someone else talked to me. She reviewed my application didn't ask much question and basically just ask for your availabilty and what position you wanna work. I had conflict with my schedule so she said she has to talk with the managers first and call me for 2nd interview.

Any Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview was great, the manager I had was really nice and open. Wasn't weird or anything. We had a 1:1 interview, they said they call in 2 days but didn't but called in for a second interview & then I met another manager who was also very nice and easy to talk to & got hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Portillo's ?
      What separate you from other candidates?
      What's your availability like?
      Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group (Arlington Heights, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Was short and easy, basic customer scenario questions like how would you handle this if a customer did this. Questioned past job experiences. Asked questions relating to food safety. Manager was nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• A customer is upset what would you do?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group (Arlington Heights, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Boring. Videos, Packets to memorize the abbreviations for the food. You need a food safety certification, Social Security Card. They simply followed the procedure for hiring new employees.

Interview Questions

• Get a tie, work shoes they did not mention, iron your shirt.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was short and brief and overall the manager was really nice with a considerable pay offered and no questions were asked other than when I was available and the amount that I would be paid but at the end he was flexible towards my requests and it was a simple and quick process. this is a great place to work and i woud recommend to everyone to try out the staff is really friendly and considerate

Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied and got a call to interview 15 minutes after submission. Interviewed the next day. No questions, just going over my application and what I can work. Hired on the spot. Trained the next week.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group.

Interview

The interview did not take long. They asked me to sit down and pick a table and the interview began. They said there would be a second interview but I did not get a call back.

Interview Questions

• Why Portillos?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Why did you leave your previous jobs?
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group in February 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was a little awkward. There was a lot of dead silence in between questions. Also I was told I would get a call for a second interview but never received a call. Other than these problems the interview was very professional.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Terrible candidate experience. I was brought into a conference room by the HR manager and her colleague (director of HR perhaps? She didn't introduce herself). The first thing they did was give me a one page document listing their benefits and they made it a point to stress that you need to complete 6 months of employment before accruing one week's vacation. They also made me immediately sign their background investigation form as well as their voluntary disability form. These forms are standard, but it was unusual they would make me sign them during the interview.

As far as the actual interview, it felt rushed and I certainly didn't feel like they were interested in me from the very beginning. Both ladies were fairly unprofessional in the way they presented themselves and the opportunity, and I knew immediately I was overqualified to recruit for burger flippers and restaurant managers! I think I was there for about 25 minutes and was hurried out. They asked me if I knew how to find the door (lord forbid you'd actually escort your candidate out like a real HR professional) and I told them I'd manage. It was a total waste of my time

Obviously I didn't get the job, nor did I want it. I received an email a couple of days later that was filled with typos and poor grammar saying they were going to move forward with candidates who "are a closer match to our skill set". Haha! Ok, good luck with that!