Portrait Innovations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.0

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Reading, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewer mumbling asked questions, I had to keep asking her to repeat herself, very unprofessional. Not clean dressed unpolished. Told me she had A manager position open but when I got there she said they only hire managers from within the company. She only has weekend part time positions and I would need full availability for the rest off the year. She misleading me to get me there.

Interview Questions

• Explain your definition of sales. (They use A inexpensive portrait package to get people there then try to get them to switch to more expensive package   1 Answer
    • If you are going to take pictures of children or babies what would you do to make them smile. What noise would you make.   1 Answer
    • What would make it hard for you to work here.   1 Answer

Studio Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Cary, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job on indeed. Received a phone call about a week later asking if I’d like to come in for an interview. Once I got there I filled out the application which basically just asked basic information, education, and work experience. After filling out the application I waited for about 20 minutes while the manager helped a family pick out portraits. It allowed me time to relax and get a feel for the atmosphere. When the manager was done she came over and we began the interview right there out in the open, there was no office or interview room. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and overall gave me the feeling I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a photography studio?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working with children and the mentally ill?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you were faced with a difficult task and had to overcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Interview was very laid back, a bit too casual. Interviewer seemed very uninterested, mostly gave the cons of working there. I had to fill out the job application three times.

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Cranberry, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter contacted me via e-mail about the position and I replied with my telephone number. They then called me and I received a phone call from the Studio Manager. I met with her on site and we had the interview. She was very professional and it went well.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Houston, TX).

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter over the phone a couple times, then met with the Assistant Manager at the store I was applying to. Everything was pretty simple and laid back. Everyone I spoke to was really nice and personable.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview. They asked about traveling because sometimes they send a helper to another location which could be as far away as 6 hours. I had my second interview with a traveling manager and was hired.

Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations.

Interview

The interview process depends on the time of year. Some people have to submit to a over the phone interview, Web came interview, as well as an in person interview. Others walk in and are hired on the spot. This is unfair and not a very reliable hiring process

Interview Questions

• Do you have photography experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Jacksonville, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The manager at the time was amazing. He was very knowledgeable about the company made me want to join the team. I would recommend working with him. The new manager however not recommended.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal within the company   1 Answer

Studio Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Huntersville, NC).

Interview

There was a phone interview and then an in-person interview. Both were with very nice people. The interview took place in the studio where someone was taking photos and another was selling them to a customer. Looked like a clean and nice environment.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with taking pictures of a two year old?   1 Answer
    • Name 3 of your strengths
      Name 3 of your weaknesses   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Got offered a different better paying job.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Lincoln, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

It was about 35-40 minutes. Signed a non disclosure agreement about the way the business works. Talked to Manager and associate sat in.Professional but laid back. Not pressured and simple easy to answer straight forward questioning.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you dealt with an an unhappy customer and how you handled it?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here and why do you feel that you are the best candidate for the position?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer