Portrait Innovations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Portrait Innovations Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview. They asked about traveling because sometimes they send a helper to another location which could be as far away as 6 hours. I had my second interview with a traveling manager and was hired.

Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations.

Interview

The interview process depends on the time of year. Some people have to submit to a over the phone interview, Web came interview, as well as an in person interview. Others walk in and are hired on the spot. This is unfair and not a very reliable hiring process

Interview Questions

• Do you have photography experience   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Jacksonville, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The manager at the time was amazing. He was very knowledgeable about the company made me want to join the team. I would recommend working with him. The new manager however not recommended.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal within the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Huntersville, NC).

Interview

There was a phone interview and then an in-person interview. Both were with very nice people. The interview took place in the studio where someone was taking photos and another was selling them to a customer. Looked like a clean and nice environment.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with taking pictures of a two year old?   1 Answer
    • Name 3 of your strengths
      Name 3 of your weaknesses
      Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Got offered a different better paying job.

Sales Associate/Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Lincoln, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

It was about 35-40 minutes. Signed a non disclosure agreement about the way the business works. Talked to Manager and associate sat in.Professional but laid back. Not pressured and simple easy to answer straight forward questioning.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you dealt with an an unhappy customer and how you handled it?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here and why do you feel that you are the best candidate for the position?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stow, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Stow, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an answer within a week. Interview went smoothly (took about 10 minutes) and was told I will hear back soon. Got a call an hour later to offer me the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Muncie, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter to Portrait Innovations in October of last year. My interview was quick and professional, but I got the feeling that the person interviewing me had not looked at my cover letter, because I had to repeat things on it multiple times.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work holidays?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations in October 2016.

Interview

I was emailed several months after applying. I honestly couldn't recall when I'd actually submitted my information. The email stated the possibility for an interview and to call for more information. When I called, the in-person interview was set for about a week later. They said it would be at least a week before getting an answer, however, I received an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to role-play and "sell" them something you have on your person i.e. purse, scarf, pen, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moosic, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Moosic, PA).

Interview

Brief, casual, and easy. The hiring manager seemed professional during the interview although the style of the interview was not. There were associates in and out of the printing lab, where the interview took place and it was a huge distraction for both the manager and myself. The job description was accurate, but (as with many job overviews) there were many omissions that would have deterred me from accepting a position with this company.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with children?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't necessarily a negotiation phase. They offered the position and I accepted. Received some training and was off on my own.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Toledo, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute interview, one on one with the branch manager. I was asked pretty in-depth questions about how I would deal with customers and children, a lot about up-selling (as thats a huge part of the job).

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, time and a half for extra hours, benefits, possible advancement if you are willing to relocate.

Cons: Its seasonal, and you get no vacation time around any holidays. They call it a black out period. I was told to expect long days around the holidays (14-16 hour days). You're expected to work weekends.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset child/how would you get them to concentrate?   1 Answer

Waiting to hear back.