Portrait Innovations Sales Photographer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

1.9

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Lincoln, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

It was about 35-40 minutes. Signed a non disclosure agreement about the way the business works. Talked to Manager and associate sat in.Professional but laid back. Not pressured and simple easy to answer straight forward questioning.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you dealt with an an unhappy customer and how you handled it?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here and why do you feel that you are the best candidate for the position?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Moosic, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Moosic, PA).

Interview

Brief, casual, and easy. The hiring manager seemed professional during the interview although the style of the interview was not. There were associates in and out of the printing lab, where the interview took place and it was a huge distraction for both the manager and myself. The job description was accurate, but (as with many job overviews) there were many omissions that would have deterred me from accepting a position with this company.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with children?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't necessarily a negotiation phase. They offered the position and I accepted. Received some training and was off on my own.

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Fairview Heights, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process took place in the studio that I applied for and was informal. I met with the manager and we went over the interview questions together. He was very positive and easy to talk with. The questions were mostly the typical questions you would expect going into an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that it is important to take these photo sessions seriously?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Jackson, MS) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I was told what to expect from the job. However after working here, everything I was told in the interview was a lie. Just like the deceptive sales tactics we are taught, they were used in the interview. I have never had a job as bad as this one.

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Cranberry, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was more like casual conversation. They hire you based on whether or not they like you. They asked about experience but don't ask to see any work prior to employing you.

Interview Questions

• My experience with photography   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations.

Interview

They preferred some one with sales experience over photography experience. Don't bring your portfolio of nature photos and random stuff. They are not interested. You'll sit down with the manager and you'll want to make sure if you have tattoos cover them up. Just talk about how cool kids are and how you would like to sell things and you'll have a good chance.

Interview Questions

• You have to work with kids. Can you show me how you would make a kid smile.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2015.

Interview

It was the typical interview process. The manager was very laid back and polite. He felt more of a co-worker than a manager already. The questions were the same type of questions normally asked at other workplaces. He eventually asked my about something on my resume about a Photography award I got in high school. Afterwards, he gave me some papers that I fill out and send in on my own time. A week after that, I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kildeer, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Kildeer, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Typical interview by store manager. I felt they had a sample questioneer they had to follow for the interview process. It was out in the open; I found it strange there was no private office to go into. Manager does not have any power to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions; tell me about yourself, good qualities/bad qualities   Answer Question

Photographer/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Henderson, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

They take you in the back room and ask you the most basic questions of your life. Google basic interview questions and you will be fine. They will fire you anyways.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

They sit you down and ask a few questions. They're pretty much looking to see how energetic and animated you are. How well you interact with people. If a session is going on during your interview and a child just so happens to be wondering around or come near you, don't be afraid to interact. That at least help the interviewer see in person how you interact with children.